Until now, iPad users were automatically redirected to the mobile version of Netvibes — which works great on any mobile device. But we wanted to go a step further to offer a version specifically designed for the iPad, optimized with a smooth touch experience and even more features.
Grab your iPad, log on to www.netvibes.com and see for yourself. We made a lot of code & cosmetic improvements to allow our iPad users to enjoy the full power of our dashboards:
- Drag & drop apps or tabs easily with the touch of your finger
- Personalize your dashboard design and layouts, just like on your computer
- Follow new trends with Drag & Follow using our new Social Search app
- Switch from landscape to portrait simply by rotating your iPad
- Access all your Netvibes web apps right from your dashboard
Now you can enjoy the full Netvibes experience, right from your iPad, including the Widget view that our desktop users love so much. See all your apps, move them around, simply create the perfect dashboard for you, with the tip of your fingers. Or stick to the Reader view if your prefer to display your newsfeeds. You now have the choice!
This is just the tip of the iceberg. We are embarking on a journey to bring a unified user experience across all devices and all screen sizes — with native-like UI features. Imagine being able to access your Netvibes apps and dashboard anytime, from any device, seamlessly. Perfectly in sync. Perfectly designed.
Last year, we introduced SmartTagging to our Premium Dashboard as a way to help people and organizations self-organize and extract deep knowledge from real-time content. It’s more than just tagging — it records user sentiment and uses it to extract real meaning. (Check out a quick video about SmartTagging here.)
Obviously, the more you SmartTag, the more live trends, sentiments and expert opinions you can uncover. That’s why we’re created two new ways to SmartTag anytime, anywhere: on the Web with the new SmartTag Bookmarklet and on your mobile device with Netvibes Mobile.
The best part is that no matter where you SmartTag, it’s all synced in real-time to your Netvibes Dashboard. Read on for more.
You have probably already seen that Netvibes is partnering with Orange’s new product called Djinngo, enabling existing Netvibes widgets to be fully experienced on a mobile device. Djinngo helps you develop interesting new mobile widgets and share content with a mass market audience, instead of only small subsections of the market as many of the current application stores/widget solutions for mobile are limited to.
We think the djinngo platform is exciting to publishers because:
- It gives you immediate access to more than 200 mobile device models
- It offers the potential to reach millions of mobile customers across Europe and the Middle East and over any operator network
- There is no submission approval process, meaning your widget can be immediately accessible to customers
- Content can be distributed from web to mobile, capturing the audience at point of discovery, no matter where that is
- Widgets can act as the upgrade path to premium revenue generating applications
Djinngo mobile coverage
You can get started today building widgets on dev.djinngo.com through a simple to use “Fast Widget” tool (no coding skills required). Or for more advanced ideas use the djinngo SDK, a fully featured development toolkit. Then you just have to download the djinngo mobile player to gather your own contents and others in your mobile phone. To find out more about getting started take a look at the video tutorial below or go straight to the SDK and sample code.
We look forward also to welcoming you to the djinngo communities where our users share their experience and advice, join us on Facebook, Twitter or on our own forum here at Netvibes.