Back in February, we told you about the next evolution of Netvibes: The Dashboard of Things (DoT), which allows you to easily program your dashboard to automate interactions between data, apps and devices. Beginning today, DoT is now available to everyone.
With today’s official release of the Dashboard of Things, Netvibes enters a new era of “programmable intelligence.” DoT takes dashboarding to the next level by enabling you to automate actions, based on insights from your data.
How? It’s simple with Netvibes Potions. Simply pick the trigger and actions, and your dashboard obeys.
Example Potions for Consumers:
- Plant Care: When your Parrot FlowerPower detects low moisture in the soil, send a Pushbullet notification “Water the Plants” and email yourself a reminder.
- Weather Forecasting: When it’s going to rain, text yourself to “bring an umbrella” and post the forecast on Facebook.
Example Potions for Marketers and Agencies:
- Real-time crisis alerts: When negative mentions of your brand increase on Twitter, email the PR team and text the social media manager.
- Automated tracking and reporting: When a new article is published that mentions your company, add it to Pocket to read later and compile the articles into an automatic weekly email report.
- Social media automation: When a new post is published on the company blog, instantly share it on Twitter and Facebook.
Example Potions for Enterprise:
- When the website goes down: Email the IT team, text the administrator, and automatically begin the reboot process through SSH.
- Warehouse monitoring: Every hour on the weekends, record the warehouse temperature, email the manager, and record the temperature logs on Tumblr. If the temperature exceeds a set limit, send push notifications to all of the manager’s devices and lower the temperature on the Nest Learning Thermostat.
As part of today’s launch, Netvibes announced support for new Ingredients and platforms, including: Dropbox, Nest Learning Thermostat®, Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide™, Netatmo Weather Station, Parrot FlowerPower, Pocket, Swarm and much more. Additional Ingredients will be added weekly (stay tuned! And let us know if you have any requests). Later this year, Netvibes will release an API to enable any developer to add custom integration for their own Ingredients and devices.
To get started with DoT and create your first Potion, simply login to your dashboard or sign up for free at www.netvibes.com. Free users can use up to 5 Potions at once. For unlimited Potions, upgrade to VIP for just 2€ per month, or contact Netvibes to learn about Premium Dashboards for Enterprise and Agencies.
To learn more about DoT:
Read our FAQ page: http://faq.netvibes.com/knowledgebase/articles/489728-dashboard-of-things-introduction
Watch the video: https://vimeo.com/119738189
Make magic happen with Netvibes!