Last week’s maintenance had to be postponed. It is now rescheduled to Thursday, February 16. It will take up to 60 minutes between 10 am and 12 pm CET. All dashboards (Free, VIP & Premium) will be unavailable during that period and no Pushmail will be sent.
Thank you for your understanding.
Update: This maintenance has been postponed. We will let you know when it is rescheduled.
In order to provide you with an even better service, we’re going to patch our databases and do some maintenance work on our servers. And to do so, we will have to be momentarily offline.
On Tuesday, February 7 morning CET, Netvibes will have a scheduled maintenance that should not exceed 60 minutes. All dashboards (Free, VIP & Premium) will be unavailable during that period and no Pushmail will be sent.
Thank you for your understanding.
Your dashboard may include a wide range of feeds: General news from the New York Times, tech news from TechCrunch and The Next Web, sport news from ESPN, your best friend’s personal blog, your mom’s cooking blog, etc.
What if you wanted to create an RSS feed that would gather all the articles about a specific topic but that is not tied down to a unique source? Now you can!
If you are a VIP or a Premium Netvibes user, you probably already know our Tracked Topics feature: When you use Universal Search, you can save your search by creating a Tracked Topic app. Once added to your dashboard, the app will be automatically updated as new related content comes into your dashboard via your feeds so that you never miss a piece of news that matters to you.
As much requested, you can now create an RSS feed from any Tracked Topic app – and in as few as 3 clicks:
If you subscribed to our new VIP offer, you now have access to a new feature (previously only available on Premium Dashboards): Universal Search.
Universal Search is a new easy and powerful way to search the content of your dashboards. To learn more, read our post on the subject.
How To Use Universal Search ?
Universal Search works with three elements: keywords, parameters and operators. What makes the tool so powerful is the ability to combine these elements into a single query.
Let’s see how to use it through a few practical examples.
Examples of use
When we launched the VIP program, back in 2010, our goal was mainly to offer support for all the important projects that individual professionals and non-profits were doing on Netvibes. Today, Netvibes VIP is changing. And we’re very excited to let you know all about it!
The New VIP: Your favorite dashboard & reader. Now with extra awesome.
Here’s what you get for as low as 2€/mo:
- Universal Search: find what you need on your dashboard, and find it easily. Until now, Universal Search was only available through a Premium subscription. It now comes standard with all VIP account. Yes, Universal Search finds everything within the full content of the article, not just the RSS feed!
- Faceted Exploration: Search deep into your dashboard. Get even more relevant results as you refine your query with the use of our filters. Our super powerful search engine (Exalead) automatically detects authors, media support, locations, languages, etc., so you can refine your search in just few clicks!
- Tracked Topics: Automatically monitor your favorite topics. Save any search queries to easily follow topics that matter to you. And Netvibes will keep on watching and updating automatically so you don’t miss anything!
- Faster Feeds: Jump to the front of the queue. Get updates from all your sites delivered sooner on your dashboard. You’re a VIP, you deserve a fast lane!
And of course, all previous VIP benefits:
- 1-Day Priority Support: Top-level support within 24 hours. Guaranteed answers and help on any Netvibes.com dashboard or development project within 24 hours.
- Early Access: Be the first to try our pre-release features. Exclusive invitations to try our latest new features and dashboard design tools first before they are available to the public. An example? Our current VIPs were the first to test our New Reader and the new VIP program.
Pretty neat, right? And all of this for only 2€/mo (in one single transaction for the full year ahead, so you can relax and enjoy. You’re a VIP after all.)
Got remarks or questions? Leave them in the comments below or our Uservoice page.
Our “Win a VIP pass” contest (#NetvibesVIP) was a success and a lot of you, to say the least, shared their affection, sometimes in an original and offbeat fashion, often with simplicity but always with very kind words. Thank you all for participating!
Congratulations to them! And see you soon on the @Netvibes Twitter account for more giveaways!
To celebrate the launch of Netvibes VIP, we’re offering 10 passes for free. To participate, simply tell us via your Twitter account why you love Netvibes. And don’t forget to put the #NetvibesVIP hashtag. The 10 best answers will win a VIP access.
Ever since we launched Netvibes in 2005, millions of users have been discovering new ways to use Netvibes in their professional lives:
- Teachers are using Netvibes to create customized lesson plans and student dashboards.
- City halls and libraries use Netvibes to create personalizable community portals.
- Non-profits use Netvibes to track and raise awareness around important community issues.
- Designers and developers rely on Netvibes as a Web design tool and universal widget distribution platform.
So we asked ourselves, how could we better support all the important projects that individual professionals and non-profits are doing on Netvibes? The answer is the Netvibes VIP Program, a professional 1-day priority support system for your dashboard projects.
You can sign up to become one of our very first Netvibes VIPs here:
The Netvibes VIP Program is $39/€29.90 per year and offers:
- 1-Day Priority Support: Guaranteed answers and help on any Netvibes.com dashboard or development project within 24 hours
- Early Beta Access: Exclusive invitations to try our latest new features and dashboard design tools first before they are available to the public.
- VIP Status: Special VIP user status on Netvibes.com (tagged on your user icon, activity feeds and forums), plus exclusive invitations to future Netvibes parties in the US and Europe.
- Exclusive VIP Goodies: Netvibes T-Shirt, stickers, custom themes and more!
Moreover, this guarantees our service commitment to your organization and any dashboarding project that might come your way. Want to create a new classroom dashboard for your school or community activism portal for your organization, but not sure where to start? Have questions about how to tweak the design of your community portal by adding HTML? Need help in connecting your widget to our Universal Widget API (UWA) and distributing it on the Netvibes Ecosystem? Love Netvibes and want to show your support (and get access to all the latest betas and launch parties)? Netvibes VIP is the answer.
This year, Netvibes turns five and we wouldn’t have made it without your support for all these years. We will continue to try new ways to provide even more cool new features and services to return the favor. Suggestions? Ideas? Let us know what you think : Twitter, Facebook or email !