On April 30, Facebook will release version 2 of its Facebook Graph API, which enables Netvibes to connect Facebook data to your dashboard. Because of changes coming from Facebook, you may notice some differences on your dashboard going forward. Here’s what to expect:
1. Linking your accounts: The new API requires that you must link your Netvibes and Facebook accounts in order to be able to search and gather Facebook data. Your dashboard will prompt you to do this. You may link as many Facebook accounts as you wish.
2. Facebook’s public post search will no longer be available. If your dashboard has an existing Facebook public search app, the app will stop working after April 30 and display an error message. Going forward, you must link a Facebook account, and Netvibes will then allow you to read/search/analyze Facebook content that is available through your linked Facebook account(s).
Improvements for Netvibes users:
1. Search and Analytics: Available user posts or fan page posts will now be indexed in Netvibes and available for Search, Tracked Topics and Analytics (Netvibes Premium dashboards only)
2. Access to Restricted Pages: Netvibes can now crunch content from restricted fan pages, as long as the user meets the fan page requirements (e.g. age or location)
3. Streamlined Reader Experience: Facebook user posts or fan page posts will now be displayed as a stream of content in Netvibes’ Reader View
4. SmartTagging (Premium dashboards only): Netvibes users can now tag, save, or blacklist any posts coming from a Facebook user or a fan page
5. API limits: Facebook’s API limit will now be applied to each linked Facebook account. This means you can increase your limit by linking additional Facebook accounts.
Facebook no longer allows us to retrieve your News Feed in our Facebook app.
News feed – Photos
News feed – Status
News feed – Videos