V2 of Facebook’s Graph API: What to expect on Netvibes dashboards

On April 30, Facebook will release version 2 of its Facebook Graph API, which enables Netvibes to connect Facebook data to your dashboard. Because of changes coming from Facebook, you may notice some differences on your dashboard going forward. Here’s what to expect:

Main Changes:

1. Linking your accounts: The new API requires that you must link your Netvibes and Facebook accounts in order to be able to search and gather Facebook data. Your dashboard will prompt you to do this. You may link as many Facebook accounts as you wish.

2. Facebook’s public post search will no longer be available. If your dashboard has an existing Facebook public search app, the app will stop working after April 30 and display an error message. Going forward, you must link a Facebook account, and Netvibes will then allow you to read/search/analyze Facebook content that is available through your linked Facebook account(s).

Improvements for Netvibes users:

1. Search and Analytics: Available user posts or fan page posts will now be indexed in Netvibes and available for Search, Tracked Topics and Analytics (Netvibes Premium dashboards only)
2. Access to Restricted Pages: Netvibes can now crunch content from restricted fan pages, as long as the user meets the fan page requirements (e.g. age or location)
3. Streamlined Reader Experience: Facebook user posts or fan page posts will now be displayed as a stream of content in Netvibes’ Reader View
4. SmartTagging (Premium dashboards only): Netvibes users can now tag, save, or blacklist any posts coming from a Facebook user or a fan page
5. API limits: Facebook’s API limit will now be applied to each linked Facebook account. This means you can increase your limit by linking additional Facebook accounts.

Con:

Facebook no longer allows us to retrieve your News Feed in our Facebook app.

This includes:
News feed – Photos
News feed – Status
News feed – Videos

Tags:

26 Responses to “V2 of Facebook’s Graph API: What to expect on Netvibes dashboards”

1. #1 | Delphine | April 30th, 2015 at 11:53 am   Reply

Hi
    this sucks: I don’t see my wall anymore, just my own postings.
    how can I see my friends’ posts again?
    thanks in advance
    regards
    Delphine

• #2 | Mylène | April 30th, 2015 at 5:32 pm   Reply

Hello,
      Indeed, Facebook no longer allows us to retrieve your News Feed. We, too, are sorry to see this feature go.

• #3 | kal | April 30th, 2015 at 6:14 pm   Reply

I understand that you can’t show the news feed any more but can you at least give us the option to hide the wall to keep the widget smaller like you could with the news feed on the old widget.

2. #5 | HH | April 30th, 2015 at 12:30 pm   Reply

Where’s the news feed gone? Now it just shows my own profile, rather than the top stories… Totally useless!

3. #7 | Pam | April 30th, 2015 at 12:31 pm   Reply

My Facebook app on Netvibes has now changed, and not in a good way! It no longer shows my News Feed but just my own posts on my page. It’s also looking bulky and blurred. Is this a temporary thing? If so I’ll be deleting it.

4. #9 | Chris | April 30th, 2015 at 4:30 pm   Reply

The widget is defaulting to my wall? How do I get it back to the News Feed? I can’t figure it out and it makes me feel old…

5. #15 | Le | April 30th, 2015 at 9:49 pm   Reply

With no news feeds, this app is TOTALLY USELESS. I need to keep us with the NEWS, not with my own likes and posts.

6. #16 | Cyril | April 30th, 2015 at 10:35 pm   Reply

Sérieux vous prévenez pas plus que ca?????
    un widget de plus qui va a la poubelle!

7. #17 | Loic | May 2nd, 2015 at 8:20 pm   Reply

Ok, Facebook change some details but with the new widget we lost the option to reduce the size

8. #20 | Julien | May 4th, 2015 at 8:06 am   Reply

This new version is now useless… I’m thinking of searching another aggregator and cancel my premium account if this is not fixed.

Why showing my feed? I know what I posted, this is useless, I need to see what other people posted.

This should be the #1 discussion in this news, not that we have to link again our profile…

• #21 | Mylène | May 4th, 2015 at 11:24 am   Reply

Hello Julien,
      We are sorry, but we cannot “fix” this situation. It is not a bug nor a decision made by Netvibes. Facebook decided to forbid third-services from accessing their users’ news feeds, which means that we cannot display your Facebook news feed on your Netvibes dashboard anymore. We really wish we could, but there is no way around this new Facebook policy.

• #22 | Julien | May 5th, 2015 at 1:36 pm   Reply

You have a whole section “Improvements”, you should have the same for the negative side, saying that this is useless now

9. #23 | Julien | May 5th, 2015 at 1:37 pm   Reply

Is there a way to remove my family above?

10. #25 | Jan | May 7th, 2015 at 6:04 am   Reply

This makes the widget useless!

11. #26 | blogging directory | May 17th, 2015 at 5:24 pm   Reply