Unified User Experience: Improved Top Bar

Day after day, Netvibes keeps moving towards a unified user interface, to guarantee the same experience on every device, whether you’re using your dashboard on a desktop computer, a tablet or a mobile.

Today, we’re inviting you to discover our new and improved Top Bar.

• complete revamping: the Top Bar is now completely resizable;
  • better adaptability: we’re now using font icons that adapt according to the size of your screen or window;
  • new podcast player with better integration.

Enhancements that ensure a better adapted Top Bar for small displays, on both tablets and mobile phones, as well as new Retina displays. Try it now on your own dashboard.

Tags: , ,

9 Responses to “Unified User Experience: Improved Top Bar”

1. #1 | Earnestine Witherington | November 8th, 2012 at 03:56

Thanks for the information and updates! But I can’t help but wonder will it eat up more space on my computer? Or will the loading time increase of this new feature when in mobile and tablet?

Thanks

2. #2 | scania | November 9th, 2012 at 11:50

Why Netvibes reader show readed stuff? I can’t get next unread! :(
    This happened after your great update.

3. #3 | Bluflake | November 12th, 2012 at 11:56

Hi Netvibes!

Thanks for a great service! A couple of questions:

1) Where has the Netvibes forum gone?

2) Can you please add an option to make searches in the Google search box open up Google.com instead of opening new Netvibes tabs?

Thanks again!

4. #4 | scania | November 12th, 2012 at 21:38

Please don’t publish my previous comment – i allready delete my netvibes account, and question no longer needed.

5. #5 | Greyguy | November 14th, 2012 at 20:09

What happened to the Netvibes forums? It redirects to this blog, and there’s still a link to it from the main page.

6. #6 | Guy Pelt | November 19th, 2012 at 03:48

I love the revamp! Especially this “new podcast player with better integration.” I have always like podcast.

7. #7 | Nathan Friedly | November 23rd, 2012 at 18:28

I’ve had one noteworthy annoyance with the top bar for quite a while: whenever I’m finished reading a feed, the X button to close it is in the top right corner just underneath the user menu (account/help/become vip/sign out), and if I accidentally move the mouse too far up, the user menu opens up and covers the X so that I can’t close the feed.

It’s only a small issue but it’s been there forever and there should be really simple to fix: either make the feed view cover up the top bar, or make the top bar require a click to make the menu appear. I love everything else about your service, but this is a frequent frustration.

8. #8 | KL | December 29th, 2012 at 17:50

Why don’t you guys just make and android app?

9. #9 | Rishicash | February 1st, 2013 at 02:42

What happened to the forums and why aren’t you reply to any of these questions here? By not replying it indicates either you don’t monitor this or don’t care enough about your subscribers to do so.

Bring back the forum or at the very least tell us why you’ve nixed it to begin with.