Universal Search (available for Netvibes VIP and Premium) makes it easy to find whatever you’re looking for in your dashboard. Simply type a keyword into the search bar or use Boolean operators to instantly find articles on any topic. You can also use semantic filters, called facets, to drill down into your content; for example, you can search by title, RSS feed, sentiment (negative/positive/neutral), or other facets.
We recently added 2 new facets to make Universal Search even more powerful. You can now search using facets for Saved articles or Tagged articles. Let’s see how it works.
New facet: Saved articles
Your dashboard collects a lot of articles and content, so you may want to save some of the articles to remember or read later. All Netvibes users have access to this feature: When you click on an article in your dashboard, simply click on the star to “save” the article.
A few months ago, Yahoo! announced that they were planning to retire their Yahoo! Pipes service. Fortunately, Netvibes already has a native alternative to offer: Tracked topics. Let’s see how this feature works.
Yahoo! will no longer allow you to create any new pipes after August 30th. Your existing pipes will still be working until the end of September, but after that, they will be completely deprecated, meaning that they will no longer crunch new content nor will they be retrievable into your Netvibes dashboard.
Your Netvibes dashboard allows you to add as many sources as you wish — RSS feeds, your own social network timelines, searches, etc. The content you aggregate may quickly become overwhelming. And even if you try to revolve around one specific topic, some of your feeds may also publish items that are not relevant to you, which is probably why you resorted to Yahoo! pipes in the first place.
Clearing the noise from your dashboard is actually easy: create Tracked Topic apps.
If you subscribed to our new VIP offer, you now have access to a new feature (previously only available on Premium Dashboards): Universal Search.
Universal Search is a new easy and powerful way to search the content of your dashboards. To learn more, read our post on the subject.
How To Use Universal Search ?
Universal Search works with three elements: keywords, parameters and operators. What makes the tool so powerful is the ability to combine these elements into a single query.
Let’s see how to use it through a few practical examples.
Examples of use
When we launched the VIP program, back in 2010, our goal was mainly to offer support for all the important projects that individual professionals and non-profits were doing on Netvibes. Today, Netvibes VIP is changing. And we’re very excited to let you know all about it!
The New VIP: Your favorite dashboard & reader. Now with extra awesome.
Here’s what you get for as low as 2€/mo:
- Universal Search: find what you need on your dashboard, and find it easily. Until now, Universal Search was only available through a Premium subscription. It now comes standard with all VIP account. Yes, Universal Search finds everything within the full content of the article, not just the RSS feed!
- Faceted Exploration: Search deep into your dashboard. Get even more relevant results as you refine your query with the use of our filters. Our super powerful search engine (Exalead) automatically detects authors, media support, locations, languages, etc., so you can refine your search in just few clicks!
- Tracked Topics: Automatically monitor your favorite topics. Save any search queries to easily follow topics that matter to you. And Netvibes will keep on watching and updating automatically so you don’t miss anything!
- Faster Feeds: Jump to the front of the queue. Get updates from all your sites delivered sooner on your dashboard. You’re a VIP, you deserve a fast lane!
And of course, all previous VIP benefits:
- 1-Day Priority Support: Top-level support within 24 hours. Guaranteed answers and help on any Netvibes.com dashboard or development project within 24 hours.
- Early Access: Be the first to try our pre-release features. Exclusive invitations to try our latest new features and dashboard design tools first before they are available to the public. An example? Our current VIPs were the first to test our New Reader and the new VIP program.
Pretty neat, right? And all of this for only 2€/mo (in one single transaction for the full year ahead, so you can relax and enjoy. You’re a VIP after all.)
Got remarks or questions? Leave them in the comments below or our Uservoice page.
Until now, you could search through your Netvibes Premium dashboard by submitting queries which could turn out to be rather complex, depending on the specifity of what you were searching for. To simplify this process, while keeping it as powerful, we’re happy to annouce a brand new feature for all Premium subscribers: Universal Search.
Reinventing the way you search inside your dashboards, Universal Search helps you find what you need, and find it easily : search everything, feeds and apps, and save results as a new App with continually updated search streams to help you save time.