Spring Cleaning: Better Sources, Less Noise
- September 10th 2013 at 03:39 PM
- 8 commentaires
Netvibes users love feeds. In fact, our back-end collects around 15 million new items. Every day. That’s a lot of sources. And sometimes, when you feel you have too many of them cluttering up your dashboard, you wish there would be an easy way to sort them out, removing feeds and news streams that are no longer active or get updated very scarcely, or on the contrary, feeds you can’t keep up with because they publish too often.
If only there was a tool to do that in a few clicks… Well, we know it’s summer, but it’s time for some Spring Cleaning!
Spring Cleaning is a new place in your Account where you can gather important info about all the feeds on your dashboard. It’s divided into 5 sections:
- Quiet sources: feeds which haven’t been updated in a while
- Talkative sources: feeds which are being updated a lot
- Not responding: feeds which return an error
- Duplicated: feeds that appear at least twice on your dashboard
- All sources: a comprehensive list of all feeds on your dashboard
In each section, you can select one or more feeds and delete them with a single click on the trashcan icon. Cleaning your sources has never been easier. And the good news is: this new feature is available for everyone, Basic and Premium users.
With Spring Cleaning, your dashboard will be…
- Faster. Reduce the number of sources and boost the overall performance. Load & refresh your dashboard faster.
- Cleaner. Discard feeds you don’t need, focus on relevant feeds in your SmartReader.
- Always Up-to-date. Spot broken feeds, fix them or simply delete them if you want to.
- Proactive. You will now get an alert you when you try to add a source that’s already on your Dashboard. No need to check beforehand.
Can’t wait to try it out? Simply log in to your Netvibes account and go to this page to see it in action. Select the Dashboard you want to “Spring Clean” in the dropdown menu at the top of the page (it even works with your public page) and start cleaning!
Got questions or remarks? Let us know in the comments below or our Uservoice page.