Netvibes Potions enable you to automate interactions between devices, apps and data using your dashboard. You pick the Trigger(s) and Action(s)—If X and Y triggers happen, then do Z action—and Netvibes makes the magic happen, automatically.
Potions can automate a wide variety of different tasks. Today let’s take a look at some potions for Social Media automation, so you can save time while expanding your brand’s reach across different social channels.
- Press Coverage: Automatically share articles on social media with your followers
If a new article on TechCrunch mentions MyCompany, then share the link on Twitter and Facebook.
- Social Syndication: Automatically share content across different social channels
If @MyBrand posts a new photo on Instagram, automatically share it on Facebook and Twitter
- Social Media Auto-Reply: Program your social media accounts to respond to specific keywords. For example:
Angry customer support:
If a new tweet contains the words “@MyCompany” AND “sucks,” then post a reply on Twitter: “Sorry you’re having trouble. Please email us your problem at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can help!”
If a new tweet contains “@MyName” between August 7-14 (while I’m on vacation), then reply: “Thanks for the tweet! I’m out of the office this week” and send me an email.
- Social Crisis Alert: Be the first to know what everyone’s talking about with real-time alerts
If “negative” mentions of @MyBrand exceed 25 on Twitter, then text me and email the PR team
- Social Auto-Sharing: Share important news and articles with your followers, automatically.
If a new article is published with keyword “Internet of Things” in the title, then share the link on Twitter
- Design Your Own Potion: Do you want your Twitter feed to post the weather forecast each morning? Or maybe you want your office palm tree to tweet when it’s thirsty (via FlowerPower). With Netvibes, it’s up to you! Explore all of the Ingredients we currently support and create your own Potion.