General

Scheduled Maintenance for January 2nd

To ensure an ever better service, we’re going to patch our databases and do some maintenance work on our servers. And to do so, we’re going to have to shut down Netvibes for a short time.
doctornetvibes
This maintenance is scheduled for the morning of Friday, January 2nd (between 10:00 am and 11:00 am CET) and should not exceed 60 minutes. All dashboards (Free, VIP & Premium) will be unavailable during that period.

Thank you for your understanding.

Previous Post Next Post

31 Comments

• Reply davis December 30, 2014 at 11:47 am

Anticipating better one after updates

• Reply KNTRO December 30, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Hope you can fix the existing bug in Netvibes Translate as well [strings 127195 to 152808]…

Oh, by the way, have a Happy New Year!

• Reply elecuele December 30, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Por favor , me gusta mucho ésta página de inicio y quiero que el espacio para el navegador sea más grande , bien sea google o bing o cualquier otro.Sigan así con ésta hermosa página de inicio y de antemano les agradezco su atención prestada,que tengan un próspero y venturoso 2015.

• Reply sgh December 30, 2014 at 1:50 pm

tnx for making us aware

• Reply Frank Inserra December 30, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Thanks for the notice. It is greatly appreciated.

• Reply cjc December 30, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Thanks for the notice – but why is “Scheduled Maintenance” being done midday? Not generally an IT “Best Practice” . . .

• Reply Mylène December 30, 2014 at 5:04 pm

It is scheduled at 10 AM CET (Paris, France time zone). It will be the middle of the night in the U.S.

• Reply Susan Webber December 30, 2014 at 4:04 pm

What is CET?

• Reply Mylène December 30, 2014 at 5:00 pm

CET stands for Central European Time. It’s our Paris office’s time zone.

• Reply Tom Hakim December 30, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Am I reading that right for premium is going to cost 650.00 a month or a year and why so much? and have many customers are going to buy that at that high price. Thank You Tom Hakim from Palm Springs, CA.

• Reply Mike Ball December 30, 2014 at 7:30 pm

Perhaps you can reply to a subscribers e-mail. 24 hrs it says. Well you don’t adhere to that by any stretch. How about making netvibes work. All my feeds keep chaining to other feeds which makes it useless. You don’t reply to emails and you haven’t refunded my subscription as I asked you to. Pretty rubbish service as far as I’m concerned.

• Reply Mylène January 6, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Hello,
      We refunded your subscription this morning. You will receive your money once the order has been processed by your bank.
      Please also note that 24 hour reply window does not include weekend days and bank holidays.

• Reply Jeff Watson December 30, 2014 at 8:18 pm

I just want to point out the typo on this page. Netvibes Premium for ($649/month). Oops.

• Reply Michael December 31, 2014 at 1:51 am

I appreciate the notice. I really enjoy your service !

Prospero Ano Nuevo !

• Reply jdrtech December 31, 2014 at 2:50 am

thank you!

• Reply Jer December 31, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Happy New Year

• Reply KNTRO January 7, 2015 at 7:22 am

Oh, dear…

Netvibes is working worse than before:
    • NV Translate bug has not been fixed.
    • Several webfeeds, like BBC’s, says There are no news in this feed, while the counter shows 29 unread articles for that very same webfeed app.
    • The Generating feed message freezes some feeds and sometimes they won’t update at all.
    • Some feeds say Looks like this feed is not valid or currently not responding, while they are working properly everywhere outside Netvibes.
    • Netvibes creates a dashboard I never asked for [this comes from when my account downgrade from Premium to Free]. I can delete that dashboard, but NV will regenerate it again and again, and I can’t even create & properly set NV themes to my main dashboard, because NV will try to apply it only on that secondary dashboard.

So, people, I don’t know what you’ve done, but Netvibes is working awful since November/December. I though you were ready to fix all of these issues. It’s clear I was wrong…

• Reply Mylène January 9, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Hello,

“NV Translate bug has not been fixed.”

Indeed. This is taking us longer than expected, but we are still on it.

“Several webfeeds, like BBC’s, says There are no news in this feed, while the counter shows 29 unread articles for that very same webfeed app.
      Some feeds say Looks like this feed is not valid or currently not responding, while they are working properly everywhere outside Netvibes.”

This may occur when it is the first time ever that a feed is added to our system. A few hours are usually necessary for the items to be retrieved. You can learn more about it here: http://faq.netvibes.com/knowledgebase/articles/370062-how-often-will-netvibes-update-my-feeds
      But we can agree that a more relevant message would be better, we’ll see if we can change it in this case.

“Netvibes creates a dashboard I never asked for [this comes from when my account downgrade from Premium to Free]. I can delete that dashboard, but NV will regenerate it again and again, and I can’t even create & properly set NV themes to my main dashboard, because NV will try to apply it only on that secondary dashboard.”

We’ll need more (private) information to check what’s going on. Please contact the support team here

• Reply Ginger Mayerson January 8, 2015 at 7:43 pm

Do you know why the Bloglines page is blank? I’d love to read my feeds, or at least be able to export them. Thanks.

• Reply Mylène January 9, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Hello,
      Thank you for your comment. Though your inquiry is important to us, Netvibes is required to ask that you contact Bloglines directly with any questions related to your Bloglines account.

• Reply JJ January 8, 2015 at 8:49 pm

And my Bloglines feeds have not worked since the “maintenence”. Bloglines menu option is greyed out. I can get to my account throubh Netvibes, but no further. Even the sign in page is blank.

• Reply Mylène January 9, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Hello,

• Reply JJ January 8, 2015 at 9:21 pm

Wait–you’re in Paris? Never mind. You have bigger things to think about. 🙁

• Reply Mylène January 9, 2015 at 12:06 pm

We are, indeed. Thank you very much for your sympathy.

• Reply Pat January 9, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Hi – I have the same problem. My bloglines has not worked since this update. I will try contacting Bloglines directly.

btw – I am also in Paris. Sad times for us here. 🙁

• Reply Phids January 14, 2015 at 6:10 pm

I came here looking for answers since the Netvibes-authored weather widget hasn’t been working for the past several days. This is frustrating since it’s really the only weather app that I like to use.

• Reply Mylène January 20, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Our weather app is now fixed 🙂

• Reply ChatNoir January 16, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Hey, sorry to bring it up again but “There are no news in this feed” is everywhere – on a half of my feeds (yes, far from being freshly added and perfectly functional otherwise) and for days and days now. Moreover, on those feeds which are still working, the read items become unread and vice-versa … Cache cleared many times – not better. Any help ? Thanks

• Reply Javier January 19, 2015 at 1:22 am

Netvibes is working worse than ever, Many webfeeds says that there are no news in this feed and is false. others never update or say that the feed it’s not valid and it’s wrong. These is an awful situation.