New views for your feeds

Last december, we enhanced the feeds by adding new views that makes RSS stand for “Really Sexy Syndication”. Today, we are pushing the concept further by adding four more ways to display your feeds.

For picture-oriented feeds: Classy Slideshows

These news views are tailored for feeds that mainly contain pictures. Either on a white or black background, images are the main characters.

Classy Slideshows

For text-oriented feeds: Headline view and Quick Details view

The following views are nice for displaying feeds that mainly contain text. They highlight the most recent title with either a picture or a nice font.

Classy Slideshows

To display your feeds with these new views, just click the “Edit” link on your widget and select the view in the pull down menu.

Tags: ,

20 Responses to “New views for your feeds”

1. #1 | calway | March 23rd, 2009 at 20:31

They’re great, was playing with them on the weekend.
    But the new ones don’t seem to work on multi-feed widgets ..???

2. #2 | Benjamin | March 23rd, 2009 at 20:35

Nice to see more views. Could you work on a view that provides more information yet is still very compact? I feel that most views and changes in general seem to be tailored to people who have only very few widgets on their page. I think there are lots of users like me that have their page packed and like to have many compact widgets.

3. #3 | Erica | March 23rd, 2009 at 21:23

What about adding an option to select how many headlines to display and not just default to three? I would like to see the normal view have an option like "show more details for the most recent headline". Where only the most recent headline would have title and summary and the others would just be the title.

4. #4 | calway | March 23rd, 2009 at 22:40

Hi, me again… Any chance of having more text displayed when you mouse-over a headline.
    I tried the same news headline on my Netvibes page and igoogle page. iGoogle shows about twice the amount of text of the story than Netvibes.
    Would really appreciate that on Netvibes.
    Thanks for your time….

5. #5 | ntd | March 24th, 2009 at 11:39

Would love to use magazine or headline views. However, they show fewer stories and when you click forward, it only moves one story, rather than moving to a "new page." So, usually wind up moving back to "normal."

6. #6 | Guilherme Sprint | March 24th, 2009 at 13:25

I like the new options.

However, they are faulty as one previous digg widget that annoyed me.

Please fix this:
    You place the prev and next buttons (or links) in the bottom of the widget.
    This causes the button to change position every time you click it, because the next story is never the same size of the previous.
    So, when i try to flick through the stories fast, I have to hunt the next button up and down.
    If you place it in the top of the widget this is corrected easily.

tnx

7. #7 | Rami | March 25th, 2009 at 07:51

Great job, love it. keep it up Netvibes!

8. #8 | Daniel Hameed | March 25th, 2009 at 18:58

TODAYS BIG DEALS FROM AMAZON

Over 10 best Deals on Over- Ear Headphones, Perfect price on the pansonic Fx500 Digital Camera,Epson Arlison 700 All- in one Printer,The mobile,GI with Google at New Low price Top DTVs under $1.000,New Low price on TOM TOM’sXL -S-GPS Navigator: Just $149.99

9. #9 | Corey | March 25th, 2009 at 20:29

The classy slideshow looks great, but it always crops images into a square. It would be preferable if the image was scaled but kept its full dimensions.

Also, would love to see a feed view for web comics.

10. #10 | Matt J. | March 25th, 2009 at 21:05

I have found Netvibes to be superior to Pageflakes in almost every way. The only thing that I prefer about Pageflakes is it’s ability to dependably display a thumbnail next to a feed. With Netvibes, it is hit-and-miss, even with when using the same feed URLS. The other thing that I like about Pageflakes is that I can preview much more of a link’s content through ALT text (just by hovering over the text of the RSS link) than I can on Netvibes. This allows me to further weed through the articles without having to leave my Netvibes page. Sometimes on Netvibes I don’t get any ALT text at all for my feeds. You guys have way more display options, but it’s these simple fixes that I keep waiting for. I’d be interested to know if you plan on addressing them.

11. #11 | Pat | March 26th, 2009 at 02:05

It would be really great to have an option in normal view to "show more details" for the text only, and keep the images hidden.

12. #12 | g s | March 26th, 2009 at 09:37

@calway: they actually worked with multi-feed widgets at the beginning but now they don’t.

@netvibes team: would love to see new views work with multi-feed widgets…

13. #13 | Alcino PINHEIRO | March 26th, 2009 at 10:44

We have a urge to point out to all concern parties of Agriculture sector and the WORLD in general that there is a bio-chemical farming or Organic and Eco-friendly Farming that can Feed the World and will halve the use of chemical fertilizers and still increase the yield.

We know that there is a shortage of money available to help farmers with fertilizer loans, and we have written to many governments departments in Africa to offer an interest-free fertilizer Credit Fund of US$20 million or more with an L/C of 12 months.

We are offering all of this with a 12-month interest-free Credit Fund of US$20 million. If this is not enough, we can offer US$50 million.

However, there has been extremely little interest in it. We can’t understand why.

It is very frustrating as the whole of Africa could eradicate chemical fertilizers this year while increasing crop yield and lowering costs significantly, and fertilizing the soil with an abundance of micro-organisms and minerals. We created the technology for these bio-fertilizers. But there are few officials listening.

On the one hand the governments profess that they want to get away from chemical farming, but at the same time they continue to support the 100% chemical fertilizer companies so much when there is a well-tried and tested 100% organic alternative that will enable them to transform their food production levels and soil fertility at much lower costs.

Chemical Urea, DAP, NPK, etc., are obsolete technology that are doing a disservice to mankind, and they can be replaced totally or not with two 100% organic liquid microbial bio-fertilizers giving higher yields and lower costs, significantly.

Are there any listening ears?

14. #14 | image clipping service | March 26th, 2009 at 11:45

Excellent job netvibes. Thanks.

15. #15 | Transportadora | March 26th, 2009 at 16:52

Great post!
    I´m not getting too much subscribes in my blog.
    I´m gonna try those views to rss, who knows I can increase the numbers of subscribers.

Thanks a lot for the tips!

16. #16 | Gebäudereinigung München | March 27th, 2009 at 10:36

Great job, love it. keep it up Netvibes!

17. #17 | Oled | April 1st, 2009 at 11:28

Cool feature. Thanks

18. #18 | poshbingo | April 1st, 2009 at 17:29

19. #19 | richardlevesque | April 4th, 2009 at 18:14

pour quoi vous avec changer ma home page de plus que vous etre enline avec mon ordi ne marche plus comme avant je ne payerait pas pour votre poudhui.
    vous vouler ent savoir plus vous aver mon email

20. #20 | krishna | April 6th, 2009 at 10:49

good works….thank’s a lot…