General

New Netvibes on Android and iPhone now live!

As promised when we released Netvibes on iPad two weeks ago, we are super excited to offer this version for the first time on Android and update our existing iPhone version.
All 3 versions now share the same core user experience and nicely adapt to your favorite device.

Immediate benefit is a continuous experience across any devices. Start reading and monitoring from your PC or Mac, continue on your iPhone or Android while commuting and finish your day on your iPad, Netvibes will provide a continuous experience throughout your day, no matter what device you use, read/unread articles are automatically and real time synchronized.

Enjoy it now. Everything is live and ready for you at:

As a reminder, the iPad one is available at:

Next enhancements in a couple of weeks should include the split view for the iPad and we are also working on some missing features like “mark as unread” or “display only unread items”

Let us know if you’d like to see some other features in those mobile versions.

CHANGELOG

* [Android/iPhone] NEW: adressBar is automatically hidden to offer more space for content
* [Android/iPhone/iPad] NEW: updated CSS design for login screen on iPhone/Android and iPad
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: When scrolling, touched item is no longer highlighted like a “tap” since it did slow down the scrolling
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: from an article, clicking “Back” no longer reloads the entire list of feed items
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: clicking “Back” before the end of the loading no longer displays a blank screen
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: when visiting a blog post’s source, a click on the browser’s “back” button to go back to Netvibes no longer randomly displays a blank page
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: large images inside articles are now adapted to 100% width
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: there were too many lines of content preview in the list of feed items
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: tabs or widgets with very long titles no longer overlap unread counters
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: font-size for articles has been increased by 1px
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: UWA widgets: iframed content can now be scrolled
* [Android only] FIXED: broken scrolling/navigation on Android devices
* [iOS4 only] FIXED: conflict with HTML5 support of ‘hashchange’ native event in iOS4 is fixed
* [iPhone only] FIXED: orientation change to landscape no longer brings strange font-size adjustments

Previous Post Next Post

43 Comments

• Reply Justin June 18, 2010 at 12:10 am

Looks promising. I like the layout!

On my HTC Incredible (Android) the “mark all as read” doesn’t appear to be working. Also, can you put the “mark all as read” also at the top of the feed page so I don’t have to scroll all the way to the bottom if I only have one or two unread posts?

Thanks — looking forward to using this.

• Reply Netvibes enfin dispo sur Android comme sur iPhone et iPad | Jean-Marie Gall.com June 18, 2010 at 6:32 am

[…] Via blog.netvibes.com […]

• Reply Le portail Netvibes disponible sous Android, Iphone et Ipad | WebDevOnLinux June 18, 2010 at 11:26 am

[…] Via blog.netvibes.com […]

• Reply cappadocia June 18, 2010 at 11:50 am

via ipohone good thanks

• Reply Pete June 18, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Looks and works great on my iPhone!
    Thank you!

But two improvements for the iPhone Version:
    – As already mentioned by Justin, please place a “mark as read” button also at the top of a page and maybe reduce it to an icon (checkmark button or something like that).
    – The iPhone version needs a favicon in iPhone style. I bookmarked the page and added it to my homescreen, but the flat netvibes icon doesn’t match the other shiny icons. Since theres no netvibes app i really want to have netvibes on my homescreen for quick access.

• Reply BaustoffParkett Klaas June 18, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Haha! Well, i think the Androit got no chance!!!
    I mean the iPhone got much better technology!

• Reply kapadokya June 18, 2010 at 10:54 pm

via ipohone good thanks 🙂

• Reply DPP June 19, 2010 at 4:14 am

Can we have an option for the previous widget view? I don’t like the reader view. Getting an overview of my dashboard just be scrolling down the page rather than going backwards and forwards through tabs suited me better.

Also, the new layout does not work with Opera Mini. Cannot move off the landing page.

• Reply Parkett Malle June 19, 2010 at 8:36 am

Ah, good point DPP!

• Reply Deal Marc June 19, 2010 at 6:26 pm

It works really great on my Iphone 3 GS! Thanks…

• Reply göreme June 19, 2010 at 11:03 pm

• Reply kay June 20, 2010 at 11:51 am

hello guys,

i loved using iphone.netvibes.com with my se xperia x1 with opera mobile 10.

But the current version makes using netvibes a mess. after viewing a tab i need to reload to reset the view.

please either modify the m.netvibes.com portal to be more finger friendly or make the iphone/bandroid version compatible with opera.

Thanks a lot.
    Best regards Kay

• Reply New York June 20, 2010 at 1:48 pm

thanks so much! just got my Desire, so I can really use this stuff! 🙂

• Reply Ürgüp June 20, 2010 at 4:39 pm

New Netvibes on Android and iPhone now live perfect thanks.

• Reply Mark Milliman June 21, 2010 at 7:30 am

Just wanted to let you know that the iPhone site works great on WebOS phones such as the Palm Pre. Great work making it work with WebKit. I have just started using it and everything looks like it works. I have tested navigation and all of the buttons. They all work. Thank you for keeping us in mind as well by not developing a custom iPhone app. You may want to start testing with WebOS just for completeness since you now have the support.

THANKS!

• Reply Sokak Trendleri June 21, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Guys, you’re really awesome! Thanks a lot.

• Reply be2 Matchmaking June 21, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Hi,

a “&” in a tab name creates the wrong character (the typical “&amp” issue) on the iPhone version, when used on the Palm Pre.

• Reply Mia June 22, 2010 at 2:36 am

Sorry, I think the new netvibes beta is very bad IU on the iphone. The last mobile version on the iphone wasn’t great, but this is WAY worse. Why is there so much wasted real estate when scrolling through posts? There is too much white space around each post which makes scrolling down a real chore. There is no “mark all as read” at the TOP, requiring to scroll (chore) to way bottom to find ‘mark as read’. Only alternative to scrolling is to open each post, then to back to previous screen, open next post, repeat. Wow, really really bad.

Use of gray totally overused. The unread messages are nearly the same shade of gray as read messages! Feeds take soooooo long to load.

Plus, when I tried submitting these comments using my iphone, the comments box acts very weird, netvibes returned an error and I lost my comments. So I’m submitting these using my laptop now.

• Reply Mick June 22, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Both links work perfectly well on my Nokia N900 – as well as the full page is rendered.

How about something like a neutral URL

in order to support and promote Netvibes also for other touchscreen mobiles?

Find Netvibes also on: Mobile, Android, iPhone, iPad, Nokia, , Facebook, Twitter, Flickr

• Reply Brian | i-Blogger June 22, 2010 at 9:54 pm

That’s awesome! I am a huge fan of Netvibes and I had just purchased the new Android.

Thanks,

Brian M. Connole
    i-Blogger

• Reply sokak trendi June 23, 2010 at 10:34 am

I find really usefull the Netvibes. This dev awesome!

• Reply Nils June 23, 2010 at 2:06 pm

I really liked the overview UI of the previous netvibes for iphone. This new version, I am afraid, I will not use at all.

• Reply Online-Caroline June 24, 2010 at 12:25 pm

I will!

• Reply Georg June 25, 2010 at 3:11 pm

• Reply nevkap June 26, 2010 at 12:27 pm

looks like it works. I have tested navigation

• Reply sewa elf June 29, 2010 at 9:51 am

Nice article. Thanks for the information

• Reply lover June 29, 2010 at 10:44 am

Nice job, good article

Hot tips

• Reply James J. Allen July 4, 2010 at 1:36 am

Great write up. The iPhone is truly revolutionary and I don’t like being without it. This time last year I had jumped in a pool with my iPhone and it was dead. I had to wait 10 days before I was able to buya new one. The phone I had was a cheap go phone. I really love all the apps that can be downloaded to the iPhone. The best part about the iPhone to me is the ability to check emails on the go. Thanks for the information.

• Reply OnlineCaro July 4, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Has anyone already checked it with the new iPhone 4?

• Reply Edwardo Mccuistion July 5, 2010 at 7:25 am

Thanks reminding me, I take delight in taking part in this game.

• Reply Nevkap July 5, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I take delight in taking part in this game.

• Reply TV July 11, 2010 at 10:30 am

there is no cool features in Iphone. Iphone software sucks cant do anything with it!! And everything opens a new program, Horrible way to make phone apps.

• Reply hdfilmizle July 13, 2010 at 1:40 pm

hmmmm very nice 🙂

• Reply Bakugan Boy July 13, 2010 at 11:57 pm

y the fuck would someone wish a 3D camera

• Reply Shanda Moncus July 14, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.

• Reply Alda Akery July 14, 2010 at 8:45 pm

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time .–James Thurber (1894–1961), U.S. humorist

• Reply ParkettCaroline July 14, 2010 at 9:14 pm

😀 He´s cool!

• Reply Caterina Call July 15, 2010 at 4:59 am

Definately the best post I’ve read today. Just an FYI, my Motorola Cliq shows this page great in it’s browser.

• Reply ralf July 15, 2010 at 10:17 am

I hate this new UI – the previous one was so much faster when wanting to do a quick screening of all my feeds.

How can you fail so miserably making this crappy new version? Give me an opportunity to choose which version of UI I want or I will need to change from Netvibes to something more useable

• Reply Anny-Bed sheets July 16, 2010 at 9:47 am

It’s fantastic.haha““

• Reply frank July 16, 2010 at 1:06 pm

The mobile version of Netvibes is a step backwards:

why?

The number of unread messages is not shown in Netvibes’ mobile alpha version (using the e-mail widget). This means I cannot quickly see whether i have unread messages.

In the “old” mobile and non-mobile sites of Netvibes the number of unread messages was shown from the widget.

Does anyone have a solution or can anyone at Netvibes suggest me how to solve this. Is the “old” mobile version of netvibes still available (untill the problems with the mobile alpha version are solved)? Please Netvibes keep this old version accessible!

• Reply jerome July 16, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Yes, we are working on several updates to enrich your experience. Stay tuned

• Reply Joe July 17, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Netvibes mobile needs a favorites button, or a read later button.

I keep switching between google reader and netvibes. Google wins on functionality and netvibes on presentation and usability.