New Netvibes on Android and iPhone now live!

As promised when we released Netvibes on iPad two weeks ago, we are super excited to offer this version for the first time on Android and update our existing iPhone version.
All 3 versions now share the same core user experience and nicely adapt to your favorite device.

Immediate benefit is a continuous experience across any devices. Start reading and monitoring from your PC or Mac, continue on your iPhone or Android while commuting and finish your day on your iPad, Netvibes will provide a continuous experience throughout your day, no matter what device you use, read/unread articles are automatically and real time synchronized.

Enjoy it now. Everything is live and ready for you at:

As a reminder, the iPad one is available at:

Next enhancements in a couple of weeks should include the split view for the iPad and we are also working on some missing features like “mark as unread” or “display only unread items”

Let us know if you’d like to see some other features in those mobile versions.

CHANGELOG

* [Android/iPhone] NEW: adressBar is automatically hidden to offer more space for content
* [Android/iPhone/iPad] NEW: updated CSS design for login screen on iPhone/Android and iPad
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: When scrolling, touched item is no longer highlighted like a “tap” since it did slow down the scrolling
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: from an article, clicking “Back” no longer reloads the entire list of feed items
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: clicking “Back” before the end of the loading no longer displays a blank screen
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: when visiting a blog post’s source, a click on the browser’s “back” button to go back to Netvibes no longer randomly displays a blank page
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: large images inside articles are now adapted to 100% width
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: there were too many lines of content preview in the list of feed items
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: tabs or widgets with very long titles no longer overlap unread counters
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: font-size for articles has been increased by 1px
* [Android/iPhone] FIXED: UWA widgets: iframed content can now be scrolled
* [Android only] FIXED: broken scrolling/navigation on Android devices
* [iOS4 only] FIXED: conflict with HTML5 support of ‘hashchange’ native event in iOS4 is fixed
* [iPhone only] FIXED: orientation change to landscape no longer brings strange font-size adjustments

Tags: , ,

Share/Save/Bookmark

43 Responses to “New Netvibes on Android and iPhone now live!”

1. #1 | Justin | June 18th, 2010 at 00:10

Looks promising. I like the layout!

On my HTC Incredible (Android) the “mark all as read” doesn’t appear to be working. Also, can you put the “mark all as read” also at the top of the feed page so I don’t have to scroll all the way to the bottom if I only have one or two unread posts?

Thanks — looking forward to using this.

2. #4 | cappadocia | June 18th, 2010 at 11:50

via ipohone good thanks

3. #5 | Pete | June 18th, 2010 at 12:40

Looks and works great on my iPhone!
    Thank you!

But two improvements for the iPhone Version:
    - As already mentioned by Justin, please place a “mark as read” button also at the top of a page and maybe reduce it to an icon (checkmark button or something like that).
    - The iPhone version needs a favicon in iPhone style. I bookmarked the page and added it to my homescreen, but the flat netvibes icon doesn’t match the other shiny icons. Since theres no netvibes app i really want to have netvibes on my homescreen for quick access.

4. #6 | BaustoffParkett Klaas | June 18th, 2010 at 15:37

Haha! Well, i think the Androit got no chance!!!
    I mean the iPhone got much better technology!

5. #7 | kapadokya | June 18th, 2010 at 22:54

via ipohone good thanks :)

6. #8 | DPP | June 19th, 2010 at 04:14

Can we have an option for the previous widget view? I don’t like the reader view. Getting an overview of my dashboard just be scrolling down the page rather than going backwards and forwards through tabs suited me better.

Also, the new layout does not work with Opera Mini. Cannot move off the landing page.

7. #9 | Parkett Malle | June 19th, 2010 at 08:36

Ah, good point DPP!

8. #10 | Deal Marc | June 19th, 2010 at 18:26

It works really great on my Iphone 3 GS! Thanks…

9. #11 | göreme | June 19th, 2010 at 23:03

10. #12 | kay | June 20th, 2010 at 11:51

hello guys,

i loved using iphone.netvibes.com with my se xperia x1 with opera mobile 10.

But the current version makes using netvibes a mess. after viewing a tab i need to reload to reset the view.

please either modify the m.netvibes.com portal to be more finger friendly or make the iphone/bandroid version compatible with opera.

Thanks a lot.
    Best regards Kay

11. #13 | New York | June 20th, 2010 at 13:48

thanks so much! just got my Desire, so I can really use this stuff! :)

12. #14 | Ürgüp | June 20th, 2010 at 16:39

New Netvibes on Android and iPhone now live perfect thanks.

13. #15 | Mark Milliman | June 21st, 2010 at 07:30

Just wanted to let you know that the iPhone site works great on WebOS phones such as the Palm Pre. Great work making it work with WebKit. I have just started using it and everything looks like it works. I have tested navigation and all of the buttons. They all work. Thank you for keeping us in mind as well by not developing a custom iPhone app. You may want to start testing with WebOS just for completeness since you now have the support.

THANKS!

14. #16 | Sokak Trendleri | June 21st, 2010 at 12:31

Guys, you’re really awesome! Thanks a lot.

15. #17 | be2 Matchmaking | June 21st, 2010 at 18:17

Hi,

a “&” in a tab name creates the wrong character (the typical “&amp” issue) on the iPhone version, when used on the Palm Pre.

16. #18 | Mia | June 22nd, 2010 at 02:36

Sorry, I think the new netvibes beta is very bad IU on the iphone. The last mobile version on the iphone wasn’t great, but this is WAY worse. Why is there so much wasted real estate when scrolling through posts? There is too much white space around each post which makes scrolling down a real chore. There is no “mark all as read” at the TOP, requiring to scroll (chore) to way bottom to find ‘mark as read’. Only alternative to scrolling is to open each post, then to back to previous screen, open next post, repeat. Wow, really really bad.

Use of gray totally overused. The unread messages are nearly the same shade of gray as read messages! Feeds take soooooo long to load.

Plus, when I tried submitting these comments using my iphone, the comments box acts very weird, netvibes returned an error and I lost my comments. So I’m submitting these using my laptop now.

17. #19 | Mick | June 22nd, 2010 at 18:28

Both links work perfectly well on my Nokia N900 – as well as the full page is rendered.

How about something like a neutral URL

in order to support and promote Netvibes also for other touchscreen mobiles?

Find Netvibes also on: Mobile, Android, iPhone, iPad, Nokia, , Facebook, Twitter, Flickr

18. #20 | Brian | i-Blogger | June 22nd, 2010 at 21:54

That’s awesome! I am a huge fan of Netvibes and I had just purchased the new Android.

Thanks,

Brian M. Connole
    i-Blogger

19. #21 | sokak trendi | June 23rd, 2010 at 10:34

I find really usefull the Netvibes. This dev awesome!

20. #22 | Nils | June 23rd, 2010 at 14:06

I really liked the overview UI of the previous netvibes for iphone. This new version, I am afraid, I will not use at all.

21. #23 | Online-Caroline | June 24th, 2010 at 12:25

I will!

22. #24 | Georg | June 25th, 2010 at 15:11

23. #25 | nevkap | June 26th, 2010 at 12:27

looks like it works. I have tested navigation

24. #26 | sewa elf | June 29th, 2010 at 09:51

Nice article. Thanks for the information

25. #27 | lover | June 29th, 2010 at 10:44

Nice job, good article

Hot tips

26. #28 | James J. Allen | July 4th, 2010 at 01:36

Great write up. The iPhone is truly revolutionary and I don’t like being without it. This time last year I had jumped in a pool with my iPhone and it was dead. I had to wait 10 days before I was able to buya new one. The phone I had was a cheap go phone. I really love all the apps that can be downloaded to the iPhone. The best part about the iPhone to me is the ability to check emails on the go. Thanks for the information.

27. #29 | OnlineCaro | July 4th, 2010 at 22:38

Has anyone already checked it with the new iPhone 4?

28. #30 | Edwardo Mccuistion | July 5th, 2010 at 07:25

Thanks reminding me, I take delight in taking part in this game.

29. #31 | Nevkap | July 5th, 2010 at 17:09

I take delight in taking part in this game.

30. #32 | TV | July 11th, 2010 at 10:30

there is no cool features in Iphone. Iphone software sucks cant do anything with it!! And everything opens a new program, Horrible way to make phone apps.

31. #33 | hdfilmizle | July 13th, 2010 at 13:40

hmmmm very nice :)

32. #34 | Bakugan Boy | July 13th, 2010 at 23:57

y the fuck would someone wish a 3D camera

33. #35 | Shanda Moncus | July 14th, 2010 at 17:40

Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.

34. #36 | Alda Akery | July 14th, 2010 at 20:45

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time .–James Thurber (1894–1961), U.S. humorist

35. #37 | ParkettCaroline | July 14th, 2010 at 21:14

:-D He´s cool!

36. #38 | Caterina Call | July 15th, 2010 at 04:59

Definately the best post I’ve read today. Just an FYI, my Motorola Cliq shows this page great in it’s browser.

37. #39 | ralf | July 15th, 2010 at 10:17

I hate this new UI – the previous one was so much faster when wanting to do a quick screening of all my feeds.

How can you fail so miserably making this crappy new version? Give me an opportunity to choose which version of UI I want or I will need to change from Netvibes to something more useable

38. #40 | Anny-Bed sheets | July 16th, 2010 at 09:47

It’s fantastic.haha““

39. #41 | frank | July 16th, 2010 at 13:06

The mobile version of Netvibes is a step backwards:

why?

The number of unread messages is not shown in Netvibes’ mobile alpha version (using the e-mail widget). This means I cannot quickly see whether i have unread messages.

In the “old” mobile and non-mobile sites of Netvibes the number of unread messages was shown from the widget.

Does anyone have a solution or can anyone at Netvibes suggest me how to solve this. Is the “old” mobile version of netvibes still available (untill the problems with the mobile alpha version are solved)? Please Netvibes keep this old version accessible!

40. #42 | jerome | July 16th, 2010 at 16:34

Yes, we are working on several updates to enrich your experience. Stay tuned

41. #43 | Joe | July 17th, 2010 at 18:33

Netvibes mobile needs a favorites button, or a read later button.

I keep switching between google reader and netvibes. Google wins on functionality and netvibes on presentation and usability.