New Netvibes mobile and tablet version

Eight months ago, we launched the first Netvibes mobile version dubbed “Dashboard Anywhere”. Many of you showed interest in the project and gave us interesting feedback that we took into account to make it evolve.

A native look & feel user interface, a new design with split and floating views for tablets, touch functions, menus with icons, a lot of optimizations… and much more! Watch the trailer:

This new version adapts itself to your device automatically. Wanna try it out? It’s very easy:

• Launch your device’s browser
  • Go to “netvibes.com
  • Use your login and password: you now have access to your dashboards!

Want to enable offline mode to read and flag your articles? It’s possible with the settings button in the bottom right corner (More about offline mode: “Introducing new Offline mobile access“).

Dashboard Everything and now Dashboard Anywhere, with or without internet connection. Available for all users and customers today, for free, on netvibes.com.

To add Netvibes on your iPhone/iPad springboard

• Run Safari
  • Go to “netvibes.com”
  • Click on option button
  • Select “Add to Home Screen”

On your Android phone/tablet

• Run your browser
  • Go to “netvibes.com”
  • Add it to your bookmarks
  • Go back to home screen, make a long click on your background
  • Select Shortcuts, Bookmark and Netvibes

Feel free to discuss it and send us feedback via Twitter and Facebook!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

33 Responses to “New Netvibes mobile and tablet version”

1. #1 | Brian McSmith | February 22nd, 2011 at 20:14

This is clearly the end of native apps and the obvious success of HTML5. Congratulations. superbly done.

2. #3 | Jesse Leblanc | February 22nd, 2011 at 20:17

This is a clear breakthru guys! LOVE IT! why would anyone spend a dime on limited, single device app anymore! Keep up the great work

3. #4 | Reinaldo | February 22nd, 2011 at 22:21

Netvibes mobile version does not work on Symbian smartphones and does not work on PS3 browser #fail

4. #8 | Anonymous | February 23rd, 2011 at 01:53

This new version does not work on webOS devices. I cannot scroll new articles. When I go to “Navigation” and select a tab then try to scroll down the list, the page reverts back to the “Today” page. Opening an article opens a new browser window and I still cannot scroll. The previous version of the mobile site worked very well.

• #9 | Netvibes | February 23rd, 2011 at 09:53

We are waiting for HP WebOS v.3 :)

• #10 | Dale Cooper | February 25th, 2011 at 16:14

Sorry, but this is not the right answer. So you want to wait until this summer? No way! At least you should focus on current version or at least support webOS 2.x

• #11 | Dale Cooper | February 25th, 2011 at 16:14

• #12 | Netvibes | March 2nd, 2011 at 10:55

Who are you to decide what is the right answer :-) HP just sent us a machine for HTML5/Webkit WebOS test. Compatibility with web OS 2 is compromise (due to some technical issues) and web OS 1 it’s to old to support last features. By the way we are fixing a bug : webOS is actualy consider like a tablet. So it’s normal the user experience is very not great. This bug will be fixed soon (few days)!

5. #13 | Durer79 | February 23rd, 2011 at 06:01

The new look is great but I miss the ability (I’m using Android) to long click on a link to open it in a background tab. The only I option I have now is to click the link for an RSS article and have the tab take the foreground. It interrupts the rythym of how I use Netvibes. It would be nice to have the option to open links in foreground or backgrond.

6. #17 | Benoit | February 23rd, 2011 at 07:12

Many things have been corrected from the previous version that worked just so-so, now we don’t need to reload pages everytime we read an article, that’s good. Would love to be able to open files in background as mentionnend, and also it would be really nice to add a way to view RSS made of pics in the same mosaic way as on the desktop browser…

Thanks for the hard work and please keep upgrading :)

7. #20 | gedarnet | February 24th, 2011 at 20:37

I think it’s the best version

8. #21 | Dimingu | February 25th, 2011 at 13:26

Looks amazing :)

9. #22 | Dale Cooper | February 25th, 2011 at 16:10

A lot of the new things are really great. But the mobile Version does work poorly on the webOS 1.4.5 Browser. Please fix!

10. #23 | Frankel | February 27th, 2011 at 23:44

I really like it, keep it up, guys!

11. #25 | Badigam | February 28th, 2011 at 14:21

I entered http://www.netvibes.com, mobile.netvibes.com but I was brought to wap.netvibes.com, which I think that was the previous version of mobile netvibes. I’m using android and Opera mobile browser. I did not get the same interface like shown on the video. Am I missing something?

• #26 | Netvibes | March 2nd, 2011 at 10:36

Netvibes new mobile version is for iOS and Android. We are working on it to support WebOS and maybe Opera in the future but a lot of technical components are not available to have a complete and great user experience.

12. #27 | Danielgc | March 9th, 2011 at 01:52

It is not working in my iOS 4.2.1

13. #28 | john | March 14th, 2011 at 23:00

we need pictures in the article overview mode !! big thanks

14. #29 | Designe Handbags | March 17th, 2011 at 03:33

Wow,It’s really great.I do like it1!! 8787utu586 0317

15. #30 | Preross | March 18th, 2011 at 04:44

Very beautiful!!!

16. #31 | Preross | March 18th, 2011 at 04:44

Very beautiful!!!

17. #32 | Leonick | March 18th, 2011 at 07:17

The new mobile version is awesome! Still needs a website view though, not that i know if it is possible, but it is such a shame to have to leave the site to read some feed items :(

18. #33 | Schoops | November 6th, 2012 at 19:30

Netvibes mobile version seems to doesn’t work , or not supported, anymore on Android (4.0.4 / Ice Cream Sandwich)…

I’ve tried :
    - stock browser, chrome, Firefox (NOT supported at all by this one)
    - mobile.netvibes.com or android.netvibes. com url

Same results :
    - recurrent blank (gray) pages when trying to view a feed header / details
    - left / right navigation buttons unusable ( loop on 2 or 3 feed)
    - bad support of back button

I’m using netvibes from few years and really disappointed a about theses problems…