New Netvibes for Smaller Screens (and Smartphones)
- September 25th 2013 at 03:02 PM
- 18 commentaires
Today, everyone uses many different devices. Desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones… At Netvibes, our philosophy has always been to provide the optimal experience based on the size and resolution of your screen, rather than just what type of device you use. After all, there are big tablets and small tablets, large smartphones and tiny net-books.
So instead of compromising our dashboard experience on smaller screens by cramming it all in, we decided to create a new reader-focused experience. That’s why we’re focusing on a unified dashboard experience for larger screens (laptops, tablets) and starting today, a new mobile reader for smartphones with smaller screens.
Now whatever device you use, you can just go to: mobile.netvibes.com
Let’s take a quick tour of our new mobile reader:
New Touch Optimized for Smaller Screens
Just tap to mark articles read/unread and flick to scroll rapidly through all your latest articles.
Just like in our full dashboard, now you can share any article instantly, anywhere.
As always, before your next flight just load up Netvibes and it will cache all your articles so you can read it offline.
And many other performance enhancements:
- HTML5 on every device. Following our major update for Netvibes on iPad, we’re pursuing our integration of HTML5 on all mobile versions, especially smartphones.
- Faster Dashboards. Performance boost across all devices (startup, rendering, screen rotation, etc.).
- Much Better Android Support. Enhancements for smooth scrolling and fast, fluid animations.
- New Scroller. Optimized for each platform and faster than ever – especially on Android devices.
- Optimized Rendering Process and reuse of components so the app doesn’t have to instantiate new ones.
- Full Retina Support. All icons from the mobile app are now icon-fonts (CSS3 font-face) for perfect scalability on your iPhone.
Got any questions or suggestions? Drop them in the comments below. Or leave us a message on our Uservoice page.