New ginger update and 1000 invites for our readers

Thanks for all your feedback we have been able to dramatically improve ginger and also release some cool new stuff.

So what’s new on ginger ?

Activities Widget

Just like the twitter and facebook widgets, you can check what your friends are up to with one handy widget. It also allows you to change your status to quickly answer your friends. To add it, simply drag’n'drop your avatar from your Profile to your page.

Search your activities stream

We are adding a new way to explore your activities with a search engine. Simply type a keyword and all the matching events will show up. It’s now easy to find a link or a message again.

Find your facebook friends that are already on ginger

We added a cool way to find your facebook friends, but also look into your gmail, twitter, yahoo, … Finding your friends on ginger should be an easy and fun experience

Ginger goes mobile

Launched last year, the mobile and iPhone versions are now ready for Ginger. All Netvibes Ginger users can now access their accounts from http://m.netvibes.com/ and read their feeds on the go.

lots of bug fixes

We also squashed a lot of bugs, for those who are interrested we have the list below.

What’s next?

We have around 7000 netvibers trying ginger today, helping us improve the user experience, giving feedback and helping with the bugs. This update is not the last one. Before the release we will add new features, improve the service and make sure that using netvibes, your universe (your netvibes public page) will be fun and easy.

not yet on ginger?

We have 1,000 invites for the fastest readers of this blog: GINGER4U. Copy-paste this code and use it on ginger.netvibes.com.

We trust you’ll enjoy the Ginger experience!

Bug fixes

Here is a list of the bugs that are now fixed:

• General
    • Settings were not saved
    • “Back to contacts” button issue on Safari
    • Flash audio player fix
    • Feed reader read/unread lost status fix
    • Feed reader right-click bug fix
    • Sign-in on Internet Explorer 7 improvements
    • Safari 2 authentication improvements
    • Feed reader “Right to Left” improvements
    • Loading behavior improvements
  • Add content
    • “Add content” empty categories
    • “Add a feed” issues with Safari
    • OPML import/export fix
  • Universes, Contacts and Activities
    • Universes are now available on Safari browser
    • Universes feed reader improvements
    • Activities ATOM/RSS output improvements
    • Friends/Followers back button improvements
    • “Send to my universe/Send to my private page” feature improvements
    • GMail friends import fix
    • AIM friends import fix
    • Activity feed special characters fix
  • Widgets
    • Improvements: Weather, Web page, Web note, Todo list, iCalendar, Bookmarks, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Hotmail, AOL Mail, Craigslist, Flickr, Picasa, Last.fm, Box.net, Youtube, Dailymotion, Flash, Web search, Map search
    • Premium widgets improvements
    • Widgets behavior on Opera browser improvements
    • Widgets missing feeds fix
    • Widget drag & drop featured fix

Enjoy and again thanks for everything

Share/Save/Bookmark

156 Responses to “New ginger update and 1000 invites for our readers”

1. #1 | Tariq KRIM | February 8th, 2008 at 16:44

2. #2 | marc | February 8th, 2008 at 17:02

It’s impossible to follow 3 firts easy steps. There is a bug?

3. #3 | MikaelV | February 8th, 2008 at 17:03

great improvment on that new version of Ginger it’s smoother !
    great job !
    Congrats !

4. #4 | Fabien Pretre | February 8th, 2008 at 17:06

Hi ! possible d’avoir une invit ? J’étais présent au LEWEB 3 mais pas reçu d’invit…sniffff :))) A bientôt Fabien Pretre

5. #5 | nathan | February 8th, 2008 at 17:08

yeah – input boxes show up for a second and then disappear.

6. #6 | Alex | February 8th, 2008 at 17:14

Hello, the Choose your netvibes ID" form flashes occassionally then disappears. It’s impossible to complete the registration and I can’t get back to my Netvibes. Help!

7. #7 | aight | February 8th, 2008 at 17:23

Kill CSS-Styles, then you can fill out your form.

8. #8 | jim | February 8th, 2008 at 17:28

How can i add this Activities Widget in my netvibes homepage ?

9. #9 | Chris | February 8th, 2008 at 17:36

The "fixed" bookmarks widget is broken. Try and add a bookmark to multiple tags… I lost all my tags on the fix, but now can only assign each bookmark to one instead of multiple.

10. #10 | schwab | February 8th, 2008 at 17:56

"Yeah – tried it with firefox and with safari on my mac. The input boxes to complete step 1 show up for less than a second and then disappear."
    I’m getting the same problem using either IE or FF.
    =(
    I can’t wait to try this out!

11. #11 | Steve E | February 8th, 2008 at 18:00

Hey, great work guys! All the points I raised were fixed and other things I hadn’t even noticed are now better than ever. Really good to see there are people who listen to and implement changes based on user feedback. Top work!

12. #12 | Carlos Granier-Phelps | February 8th, 2008 at 18:01

On Firefox, use "View | Page Styles | No Style" in order to see the fields you need to fill out. Afterwards, just select "View | Page Style | Basic Page Style" to go back to the normal NetVibes view.

This will allow you to complete the registration/migration to Ginger.

13. #13 | andrewteg | February 8th, 2008 at 18:06

Thanks all for the tips on disabling CSS or View/Page Styles/No Style in Firefox. That worked great as I was having the same problem as everyone else where the fields were getting hidden.

14. #14 | timeuser | February 8th, 2008 at 18:08

I’m getting the same issue where the input boxes show up and disappear instantly… I tried deleting cookies, in Firefox and Safari… no go. ;-(

15. #15 | Esparta Palma | February 8th, 2008 at 18:13

The 3 "easy steps" doesn’t show more than 1 seconds, I had to use Internet Explorer instead!! :S, are your programmers testing on IE only??

16. #16 | Lolita | February 8th, 2008 at 18:16

Problem solved. Please try again.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

The Netvibes Team

17. #17 | João Almeida | February 8th, 2008 at 18:18

I think my migration to ginger got screwed up…
    I had the same problem with the invisible form to complete registration, but now when I login in http://www.netvibes.com I get a "There is no match in the database, check your infos and try again" and if try to login at ginger.netvibes.com with the invite code I got a message that I’m already in.

18. #18 | andrewteg | February 8th, 2008 at 18:23

João, delete your netvibes cookies. that happened to me one time when i did not get into ginger and i deleted my cookies and re-signed in ok.

19. #19 | Derek | February 8th, 2008 at 18:23

My "Bookmarks: Frequently Visited Sites" widget never loads. It just says "Loading…" and nothing ever happens. Please advise.

20. #20 | Matthew | February 8th, 2008 at 18:35

How does one add the "Activities Widget" shown in the screenshot?

21. #21 | Matthew | February 8th, 2008 at 18:39

Never mind about adding the "Activities Widget" question, I should just read the blog :)

22. #22 | Lolita | February 8th, 2008 at 18:57

Hello Derek,

Please send me an email and I’ll assist you immediately.

The Netvibes Team

23. #23 | dex | February 8th, 2008 at 18:58

Argh! After upgrading to Ginger now 90% of my personalized content has disappeared! Help!

24. #24 | schwab | February 8th, 2008 at 19:25

sweet, got it working, and it’s working great except that my bookmarks widget won’t load.
    keep up the good work!

25. #25 | csphere | February 8th, 2008 at 19:30

After the migration to Ginger, many of my RSS feeds and Bookmark tags are gone. The widgets are there, but the feed URL is now empty.

26. #26 | schwab | February 8th, 2008 at 19:52

yeah, my bookmarks widget is working now, but a lot of the links are gone.

27. #27 | vinss | February 8th, 2008 at 20:02

quote :

the same here, i just turned off style of the page and then i could complete the form…

Bravo pour la nouvelle version et merci pour l’invit’ !

NETVIBES RULEZ !

28. #28 | ben | February 8th, 2008 at 20:23

Invitation expirée… :-(

29. #29 | Chris | February 8th, 2008 at 20:52

Error. Code has expired! :(

30. #30 | holzauge | February 8th, 2008 at 20:56

I noticed that in Ginger it’s no longer possible to export my feeds to an OPML file. Is this planned for the future? If not, then bye-bye.

31. #31 | Enrique | February 8th, 2008 at 21:02

@holzauge it’s still available in ginger but when you edit your profile, it’s called "Feeds"

32. #32 | codedmind | February 8th, 2008 at 21:20

Great improvement! But bring back the calendar in activities PLEASE!!!!

33. #33 | pete hinne | February 8th, 2008 at 21:50

I cannot get into any of my mail widgets, no gmail hotmail or aolmail widget seems to work in firefox but it does in IE.
    Is it only me?

34. #34 | Marcel | February 8th, 2008 at 22:42

indeed, some modules are causing problems in firefox. like the mail widgets, calender, bookmarks and flickr… in IE its working fine, too bad i don’t use IE…

35. #35 | Netviber | February 8th, 2008 at 22:50

Thanks to all the Netvibes Team ! NetEx

36. #36 | wizman | February 8th, 2008 at 23:12

Hello,

I mispelled my netvibes universe name when I created it. Is it possible to change ?

37. #37 | Molerty | February 8th, 2008 at 23:44

@35-36 I had the same problem… I did clear my cache and it worked

38. #38 | Docgalaad | February 8th, 2008 at 23:54

That’s the second time i miss the invitation. I was in time but it wasnt working. So i came later, and that’s over :)
    Bouh…

39. #39 | Marie | February 9th, 2008 at 00:09

I think us ginger people should have access to Ginger. whatever happened to the promise of invites on Twitter- I always manage to miss them when they’re on the blog.

boooooo

40. #40 | Jazz | February 9th, 2008 at 00:10

There is no more invitations? :s

41. #41 | Matt | February 9th, 2008 at 00:46

Still don’t have an Invite :’(

42. #42 | dep | February 9th, 2008 at 01:06

No invites for me either. Please share the love!

43. #43 | Laren | February 9th, 2008 at 04:13

Pleaseeeee…let us go inside GINGER. There was not invitations for me :(
    Ginger is the BEST

44. #44 | CG | February 9th, 2008 at 09:32

I don’t see why you keep releasing invites like this. I have ginger and it’s useless to me b/c my friends can’t get on it. Annoying.

Give us invites to send to our friends. Wouldn’t people use the new features a lot more that way?

45. #45 | lluent | February 9th, 2008 at 10:54

No more invites? 1000 invites in 3hours!

46. #46 | Marcos | February 9th, 2008 at 13:13

Great news!

I am using Ginger since two weeks ago, and it’s wonderful.

Many thanks for you all!

47. #47 | robotic | February 9th, 2008 at 14:23

Code expired :(

48. #48 | weissraum | February 9th, 2008 at 15:29

looking for an invite… weissraum (at) gmail (dot) com

49. #49 | deoki | February 9th, 2008 at 15:45

I’ve been trying to get a invitation for ages… can someone help? :(

50. #50 | 盗盗 | February 10th, 2008 at 08:46

me toooooo,who can help me ,please~
    daodao.gc#gmail.com

51. #51 | Ultramrw21 | February 10th, 2008 at 09:19

If anybody can spare an invite…

ultramrw21 |at| gmail.com

it would be much appreciated

52. #52 | Miketrevis | February 10th, 2008 at 11:53

I try, everyday, to register with the codes, but is impossible! The invites are burned so quickly…. i’m frustrated! plaese upgrade my account to ginger!

53. #53 | Peter | February 10th, 2008 at 20:29

Upgrade my account now, or I will call the police…hell, yes!

54. #54 | Jerry | February 10th, 2008 at 22:54

I know this is a small issue probably not worth discussing, but that bright green new favicon is nasty! The old one (which happens to still be visible on this blog) has a better contrast and is a lot more defined. And it’s less stressy on the eyes. I understand marketing’s wish to have it "fresher! friendlier! bigger! dynamic! bang!", but come on.

Or, well, at least give it some subtle outlines, it’s all fuzzy like this.

55. #55 | Daniel | February 11th, 2008 at 01:24

The code has expired.. this weekend I havent been online at all, f*ck!

56. #56 | kgl | February 11th, 2008 at 04:24

Who can invite me?
    john.tw (at) gmail.com
    thanks

57. #57 | Quackers | February 11th, 2008 at 08:22

So they admit it … registering for a ginger invitation on the site, really is a total and utter waste of time. Way to go Netvibes !

58. #58 | Tim | February 11th, 2008 at 09:57

Like pete hinne above, I’m having trouble with the Gmail module – it just won’t log me in. I’ve tried lots of username permutations. There’s nothing in the help section and also I’m struggling to find an email address for bugs like this (we are beta testers, right?).

59. #59 | NFS | February 11th, 2008 at 13:01

Ginger goes mobile. Thats a nice thing for my iphone. Great!

60. #60 | Jeff | February 11th, 2008 at 15:16

Exactly what is the point of signing up for the beta to get a ginger invite by email if they are just going to offer 1000 invites in the blog? Why not offer them to the people who actively requested an invite through the invite request system?

geez

61. #61 | wuzzup | February 11th, 2008 at 15:41

I updated to Ginger on Friday, but my weather and facebook widgets arent loading.. booh.. how do i go back to regular Netvibes…

62. #62 | Lolita | February 11th, 2008 at 16:03

Hello Wuzzup,

Please send me an email and I’ll assist you immediately.

The Netvibes Team

63. #63 | Olivier D. alias ze kat | February 12th, 2008 at 00:24

Snif snif, no Ginger for me, too late :o( .oO(fô toujours que j’arrive aprés la pluie)

64. #64 | Bondrake | February 12th, 2008 at 00:31

@ Jerry (56): I wholly agree! The new favicon is garish: please return it to its beautiful past! I use the FaviconizeTab and PermaTab add-ons in Firefox to keep some of my favorite tabs (Netvibes, Gmail, PassPack, Digg) open always and the old icon fit in very well with the other very distinctive and clean favicons. The new one stands out like a sore thumb.

65. #65 | Nick | February 12th, 2008 at 06:31

I was too late to get an invite. Anyone can spare one? I can be reached at ihawk98 at yahoo dot com.

Thanks a bunch!

66. #66 | Aurore | February 12th, 2008 at 10:31

Does anyone have an invitation left for me? I was too late :-(

67. #67 | langer hans | February 12th, 2008 at 14:45

Need an invite too! please!
    ich1990@gmx.net

68. #68 | noklist | February 12th, 2008 at 17:25

Why do i have to register a facebook acct to get ginger?

It totally unfair.

69. #69 | Christophe | February 12th, 2008 at 19:57

WOuld love an invite too, anyone have one left : esposys@gmail.com
    Thanks in advance

70. #70 | ful | February 13th, 2008 at 09:41

an invite pleaze! effeuelle at gmail.com

71. #71 | EH | February 13th, 2008 at 17:09

So now I’ve spent 5 minutes with Ginger. Since the NV team doesn’t seem to like email nor documentation, I have to ask my questions here:

1) How do I un-public my profile/universe?
    2) How do I get rid of the right-hand tooltip icon junk that makes the text in the feed boxes jump around?
    3) How do I go back to the previous version?
    4) Should I really be REQUIRED to give my (fake) birthday in order read RSS?
    5) Does the NV team know what "featuritis" is?
    6) Is NV trying to backdoor a social network into an RSS reader?
    7) How long before NV has ads?

72. #72 | Rodney Olsen | February 14th, 2008 at 04:22

My bookmarks used to be in alphabetical order. Now they’re all over the place. How can I get them back in order?

I can’t get the OPML import to work. I’ve tried it with a couple of files but nothing happens.

73. #73 | chris | February 14th, 2008 at 10:19

no probs with FF.
    But I got reported IE 7 does just loads one time, then gives out mistakes. After having deleted the cache it again loads one time, then mistake.
    Any ideas?

74. #74 | dante | February 14th, 2008 at 14:44

don’t have an Invite?? :’(

75. #75 | Benjamin Reece | February 14th, 2008 at 17:37

Seems that corriander doesnt work with Firefox beta 3. Anyone happen to have a ginger invite :)?

I need my netvibes!

Thanks!

76. #76 | Gnesisxx | February 15th, 2008 at 02:35

Need an invite please!

gnesis.xx[@]gmail.com

una invitacion por favor :D xD

saludos

77. #77 | Gman | February 15th, 2008 at 05:18

well it’s obvious that they’re not releasing a sufficient number of invites purposely because they’re trying to hype the product… ginger is supposed to be the next "big thing" for web communication, like gmail was for email a few years ago. they don’t want a whole bunch of people to sign up and leave a few days later… they want people pumped so they leave us waiting and begging for invites like idiots.

78. #78 | alvarovelez | February 15th, 2008 at 08:48

Hi, I am a brand new Ginger tester!!!

Everything looks good but I feel everything goes slower when a firefox window is opened with Netvibes. It takes so long when re-painting the window and also when moving the widgets.

Another issue I have noticed is that when I click on the title of a widget, it start moving instead of open the rss source on a new window, it´s a bit annoying…

Thanks!!

79. #79 | ulysess | February 15th, 2008 at 09:19

I love netvibes, please send me an invitation

80. #80 | holzauge | February 15th, 2008 at 09:42

After using Ginger for a couple of days, I must say I like it VERY MUCH! The only minor thing I’d like to see changed is this: Above the tabs is a lot of unused blue space. I switched the search field off and now only have setting, help and the arrow on the right. Please put seeting, help and the arrow somewhere else, so that the empty blue space can be removed. It would look much better and would be much more economical on small screens as well. THX!

81. #81 | youtube | February 15th, 2008 at 12:19

It has partly been drawn from those branches of trade, by the <a href= idisk.mac.com/musicsearch… >music with lyrics</a> other employments but on account of the slowness of the returns,

82. #82 | DMzda | February 15th, 2008 at 13:49

When i click on a feed, its not "fullscreen" as it used to be. I mean it only takes half of the browser window, not all of it. How can i fix this?

83. #83 | EH | February 15th, 2008 at 18:27

84: It’s never been fullscreen for me, just partial screen with a sidebar of titles on the left. Is yours different?

84. #84 | Tom | February 16th, 2008 at 08:33

I kidnapped:

thomas.harbonnier [at] gmail.com

You won’t see him in comments, until we’ve received an invitation for his account.

PS: For Jesus’ sake, please, invite me! :’(

85. #85 | Bob | February 16th, 2008 at 20:27

I’ve been using Ginger for a few weeks with no issues. Then just a few minutes a go, I lost about half of my feeds and a critical address book.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that its a temporary glitch and the Netvibes team is working on a solution. If that is not the case, that is it for me with Netvibes.

86. #86 | zubair | February 16th, 2008 at 21:55

When I am using ginger, my CPU usage increases to 100%. Memory consumption is too high as well. UI is great but its just slows down my pc. I am really shocked. Can this be improved like facebook ?

my pc stat: 2.5 GHz processor and 1 GB ram

87. #87 | Bob | February 17th, 2008 at 00:03

About 1 hour later, I logged back in and all of my Netvibes Ginger is back. Looks like a momentary glitch.

I’ll keep using Netvibes for the time being… But now that I realize how much I depend on Netvibes for keeping track of notes and todo’s, and since there is no option for making backups (that I’m aware of) I will be looking for other more reliable options. I can save my OPML periodically to backup my feeds, but I would caution everyone to be avoid Netvibes, Google, Pageflakes or any other widget provider for safe storage of their data.

Once last thing, I sure wish Netvibes would offer a forum site for us users… Blog comments stink for sharing info.

88. #88 | riri06 | February 18th, 2008 at 10:54

heeeellp a poor netvibes-french-fan !

– I was delighted to receive my ginger invites
    – I play with the tabs: delete the standard one, add new ones …
    and nothing works from 2 days :-(

I see now only one tab named ‘General’ but all seems dead … I can’t add new tabs, add content under ‘General’, even change the main title of the page … VERY frustrating after theses weeks to wait my invite

Any ideas from the communitity ?

89. #89 | Andrew | February 18th, 2008 at 20:00

Bob, head to http://www.rememberthemilk.com for your to-do stuff. They have a great Netvibes widget and with them you can always goto their site if you need direct access. You can download events in webcal or an RSS/Atom feed so you can keep a local copy.

90. #90 | beatlebum | February 19th, 2008 at 04:46

Hi,

i’ve been trying Ginger, but now i want to switch back to the old Netvibes… is that possible?

91. #91 | peteyp | February 19th, 2008 at 18:50

the settings have disappeared from my page, any help?

92. #92 | willmx | February 19th, 2008 at 19:26

you have more codes??? for netvibes ginger

93. #93 | EH | February 19th, 2008 at 22:33

#88: I experience something similar. The RAM usage under FF2.0.0.12 is about double what it was under Coriander. I’ve heard over the months that this is due to FF’s Javascript implementation, but Ginger code-bloat can’t be helping any.

94. #94 | calway | February 20th, 2008 at 12:17

Can you please tell us how to switch back to the old netvibes. It’s either switch back or go to something else like pageflakes.
    Sorry, I know you’ve done a lot of hard work, but I’m afraid I don’t like Ginger at all

95. #95 | EH | February 20th, 2008 at 18:39

It would be nice if the NetVibes people were a little more active in their own ecosystem, meaning "here."

96. #96 | EH | February 20th, 2008 at 18:44

Hmm, maybe I’ll try just using the mobile version on my desktop to see if that helps with the resource hogging.

97. #97 | Troy | February 20th, 2008 at 22:26

I am a college librarian, and I would really, really like to use the public feature of ginger to create a public aggregator for faculty, research, and department blogs. It would be a great way to create a landing page for our students, faculty, and staff. It would also be a nice way for you to get some attention to Netvibes. Could I possibly get a code or Ginger? Please :) Thanks.

98. #98 | Tom | February 21st, 2008 at 03:19

One word: GINGERULES!!!!

Thank you so so so much for that invitation!!!!

99. #99 | Alex | February 21st, 2008 at 05:28

I’ve been using netvibes for a while and would love to try out ginger, I’ve just been so busy at work and just ignore the current announcements that I missed most of the beta and that realy upset me.

I love everything you have done with it and hope to be able to contribute more to the interface, you have something really wonderful here with this type of service.

Please let me know if I can get an invite to the beta.

Thanks.

100. #100 | Sylvain | February 21st, 2008 at 11:55

Pas encore essaye toutes les fonctions, mais ce que je note pour le moment c’est que l’application est sensiblement plus lente (temps de chargement, et davantage de bugs d’affichage avec les feeds).

sinon tudo bom (c’est quand meme casse-pied cette lenteur)

101. #101 | Sam Johnston | February 21st, 2008 at 14:40

I HAZ Ginger! But I need more… two or three more to be exact.

102. #102 | fer | February 21st, 2008 at 15:30

Same here, I love the new netvibes release "Ginger" but it’s still too beta for me, i.e. slow and memory hungry. Is it possible to switch back?

103. #103 | zubair | February 21st, 2008 at 16:35

The old UI was much faster than the ginger. Ginger just eats up too much memory and CPU usage goes to hundred percent. Why can not you design it in a way that would lower the burden on CPU and make it load and function faster ? Even pageflkes load faster. Please do something.
    For the ADD CONTENT feature. I liked the previous version. It functioned faster than gingers feature. Also, it had an option like Drag and drop widget to my page that is missing in ginger :(

104. #104 | free medical videos | February 21st, 2008 at 16:37

thanks

105. #105 | EH | February 22nd, 2008 at 18:40

Followup: The mobile version is too stripped down for my purposes.

106. #106 | holzauge | February 23rd, 2008 at 16:13

@ EH

I wouldn’t use this feedreader or any other webbased one on a mobile. Better use the inbuilt one – it’s much easier on the mobiles resources. I have a lot of feeds and bundle them with Yahoo pipes to custom "rivers of news" (e.g. one for all the politics feeds, one for web 2.0 blogs, one for general interest etc.). By doing this you get the complete feeds with pictures. With Y! pipes you can also filter doubles out.

IMHO that’s the best solution for mobiles.

107. #107 | EH | February 23rd, 2008 at 23:26

That’s the thing, I’m not using this on a mobile! I’m just trying to get a responsive browser out of it for my desktop.

So this morning I did some experimenting and Googling, and I think I may have hit upon something to help with the high RAM usage. My NetVibes page has over 100 feeds, which causes each page to be about 1MB. Due to RSS updates changing the page, each of these changes appears to the browser as a separate page and are thus cached in RAM, in my case 1MB at a time. Since Firefox caches an unlimited number of past pages by default in order to speed up returning to a page, this can cause FF’s RAM usage to go very high indeed if you check, recheck, and switch between tabs a lot (I leave my NV page up in my browser at all/most times). It turns out that this behavior can be controlled:

1. Go to about:config in FF
    2. Select or create the integer value key "browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers"
    3. Mine was there already, but it was set to -1 (unlimited)
    4. Set it to something reasonable given your browsing habits. The number refers to the maximum number of pages to be held in RAM. Mine is now set to 32.
    5. Restart FF and let it hang around to see if the RAM usage climbs like it did before. Previously I’d have a ~350MB firefox.exe in the morning if I left it up all night, but now it’s hovering around 150MB.

I’ll update here if my FF blows up RAMwise in the next day or so.

108. #108 | Brad | February 25th, 2008 at 16:23

NOT a fan that you have to register your birth date and area code. Bye bye Netvibes!

109. #109 | Brad - me again | February 25th, 2008 at 16:25

PLEASE allow us to switch back if we choose to!

110. #110 | sohbetchatvideos | February 25th, 2008 at 16:36

A lot of, useful, become, thanks,

111. #111 | Sierra | February 25th, 2008 at 21:48

I’ve been also trying to get a invitation for ages… can someone help me?

112. #112 | EH | February 25th, 2008 at 22:40

update: The FF tweaks above have not helped keep the FF size down.

113. #113 | MasterGH | February 26th, 2008 at 02:29

To all those who want invites:

I seem to now have the ability to ‘invite’ people from my Beta account.

If someone wants an invite from me, include my nick (MasterGH) in your comment, and give me an email addy (-please- in anti-spam form) so I can invite you :)

114. #114 | mathieu | February 26th, 2008 at 09:17

Confirming that it is now possible to invite friends, at least I get a button to do it. Since when is this possible and why was it not announced?

115. #115 | Josh Gardner | February 26th, 2008 at 11:34

Page loads but all tabs are empty and will not load, using Firefox 1.5. Useless.

116. #116 | Weazul | February 26th, 2008 at 23:53

If anyone could throw me an invite that would kick ass. Please include the periods in the email address

th.eweaz.u.l (at) gmail.com

Thanks in advance,
    The Weazul

117. #117 | K3lviN | February 28th, 2008 at 15:49

MasterGH, can you send me an invite please?

Email address is kelvintravers[at]gmail[dot]com

Many thanks :)

118. #118 | MasterGH | February 29th, 2008 at 10:23

(Odd, comment didn’t seem to work, please forgive me if this double-posts)

Done K3lviN, I hope it works for you :)

On a side note, it now actually has the ‘new’ symbol next to the Invite section.

119. #119 | Scott | March 3rd, 2008 at 18:45

Sweet! We can invite people now?

I was actually just about to post a rant about not having my other friends on Ginger too. :)

120. #120 | Travis | March 4th, 2008 at 07:04

MasterGH:

I’d love an invite

jtr3030 at gmail (dot) com

many thanks

121. #121 | rongxanhnet | March 4th, 2008 at 09:47

I’d love an invite too ^^

122. #122 | rongxanhnet | March 4th, 2008 at 09:48

Sorry my email: rongxanhnet at yahoo (dot) com

123. #123 | David Chartier | March 4th, 2008 at 14:02

The iPhone version doesn’t work the way it used to. Clicking a headline opens a new tab and takes me to the full website. If I wanted to read full websites, I’d just visit their actual address, and not add my RSS feeds to Netvibes.

Can you make RSS items open within Netvibes on iPhone like they used to, instead of just acting as links to the original content?

124. #124 | Johan | March 4th, 2008 at 15:06

MasterGH, I would be pleased to be invited :)

Email address is utopia2002[at]free[dot]fr

Many thanks !

125. #125 | BrotherErryn | March 4th, 2008 at 15:45

MasterGH, I’d love an invite myself!

errynp[at]gmail[dot]com

126. #126 | Wazzup | March 5th, 2008 at 10:03

It’s way too slow. It’s slugggish and uncomfortable. Get it trimmed down please.

127. #127 | Scott | March 6th, 2008 at 16:30

LOST ALL MY BOOKMARKS! This really, really pisses me off. I hate ‘UPGRADES’. Now, I feel like my netvibes experience was a complete waste of time. Where did all my hundreds of bookmarks go?????!!!!!!!!!

128. #128 | Fons van den Berg | March 7th, 2008 at 19:45

Love it to bits!
    Excellent job. Migrated without a hitch (with Safari), everything’s still there, it’s snappy.

Many many thanks for the invite.

129. #129 | MasterGH | March 7th, 2008 at 21:01

Oops, forgot to look here for a couple of days.

Travis, rongxanhnet, Johan, and BrotherErryn, if you weren’t already invited, I’ve sent you one.

Sorry for the delay :(

130. #130 | Nikeshkiran | March 7th, 2008 at 22:46

Ginger is awesome….I’d love an invite myself!

131. #131 | Gebäudereinigung München | March 21st, 2008 at 12:13

I need my netvibes!

132. #132 | Gebäudereinigung | March 21st, 2008 at 12:14

I need my netvibes!

133. #133 | Autoversicherung | March 21st, 2008 at 12:15

134. #134 | Url anmelden | March 21st, 2008 at 12:16

135. #135 | Gebäudereinigung München | March 21st, 2008 at 12:17

136. #136 | Webseite eintragen | March 21st, 2008 at 12:18

137. #137 | Kredit | March 21st, 2008 at 12:19

138. #138 | Webkatalog Firmen | March 21st, 2008 at 12:20

139. #139 | Webkatalog Webverzeichnis | March 21st, 2008 at 12:20

I need my netvibes!

140. #140 | Autoversicherung | March 22nd, 2008 at 10:51

Oops, forgot to look here for a couple of days.

141. #141 | Kfz Versicherung | March 22nd, 2008 at 11:00

Oops, forgot to look here for a couple of days.

142. #142 | sohbet | March 29th, 2008 at 20:10

Oops, forgot to look here for a couple of days.

143. #143 | cinsel sohbet | March 29th, 2008 at 20:11

Oops, forgot to look here for a couple of days.

144. #144 | Forumistan | May 10th, 2008 at 23:44

Thanks to all the Netvibes Team

145. #145 | komedi | May 11th, 2008 at 14:36

Could you please make thew background image ‘stretch’ over the whole page. Now you get this white strip at the bottom of the website. It kinda screws up the overall look, especially with the dark theme selected.
    Hope you guys understand what I’m talking about.

146. #146 | komik resimler | May 11th, 2008 at 14:37

Hope you guys understand what I’m talking about.

147. #147 | Kredit | May 24th, 2008 at 16:38

148. #148 | Private Krankenversicherung | May 24th, 2008 at 16:40

I need my netvibes!

149. #149 | susan g | May 25th, 2008 at 22:52

I use it every day. I’m a huge fan of netvibes and you deserve this award! Congrats!

150. #150 | rapidshare arama | May 28th, 2008 at 01:32

hii this is very nice site thank you for this!.

151. #151 | programlar | May 30th, 2008 at 17:08

Hi,

this is very nice site thank you for this!

152. #152 | ilahiler | June 15th, 2008 at 00:27

Oops, forgot to look here for a couple of days.

153. #153 | islami sohbet | June 15th, 2008 at 00:27

Hi,

this is very nice site thank you for this!

154. #154 | sohbet | June 30th, 2008 at 02:07

hi

thankss very good work..

155. #155 | Youtube | July 3rd, 2008 at 10:44

I use it every day. I’m a huge fan of netvibes and you deserve this award!

156. #156 | kredyt mieszkaniowy | July 4th, 2008 at 16:11

Very good article, i would like to put it into my page, can I ??