New features : Netvibes welcome the total drag and drop

As you will see on the side bar, we have released some new features:

Total Drag and Drop :

now you can drag modules from the side bar to add modules on your page

Share/Save/Bookmark

35 Responses to “New features : Netvibes welcome the total drag and drop”

1. #1 | Till Nagel | March 9th, 2006 at 21:17

Thanks for the nice improvements!

Perhaps I hadn’t noticed before, but great idea to add my tags I have entered for one tag-aware-feed (Technorati) to all others.

2. #2 | Joshua Morgan | March 9th, 2006 at 21:40

Ooh, preview.netvibes.com features have been merged with the main site, merci!

3. #3 | Vicky Pollard | March 9th, 2006 at 21:44

Nooo… Those narly litle favicons totally ruined netvibes’ clean, bright, legible, web 2.0-ish interface. In the name of all wich does not suck, please go back to the way it was before!

4. #4 | daniel_L | March 9th, 2006 at 21:50

The only icons I do not like are these of the webnotes.

5. #5 | outbreak | March 9th, 2006 at 21:55

oh man, awesome. i love the favicons!!! i suggested this a while ago, so im sooooooooo psyched to see it implemented!

6. #6 | Sean_Long | March 9th, 2006 at 22:01

It’s easier to find what you’re looking for with the favicons IMO, keep it that way.

7. #7 | Marco | March 9th, 2006 at 22:17

what would interest me more is how to delete entries from the side bar as I have some feeds there that don’t exist anymore. Is it possible? how?

8. #8 | Wazoo | March 9th, 2006 at 22:31

Salut,

un petit message pour dire que Netvibes est un outil indispensable (je consulte ma page tous les jours), merci de le faire. (ca, c’etait la critique positive ;) )
    Manque maintenant le multipage (mais je sais que vous etes dessus, alors je vais atendre, pas de probleme).
    Par contre, les favicons en haut des blocks, ca casse completement le graphisme epure et si reussi de Netvibes… s’il vous plait, enlevez les (ca, c’etait la critique negative).

En tout cas, un grand bravo pour ce systeme… continuez

9. #9 | Pedro | March 9th, 2006 at 23:20

I really dont like the new favicons. Some people do, some don’t. Please make it optional.

10. #10 | Vasco | March 10th, 2006 at 01:08

"total drag and drop" whould be drag and drop in the todo lists and between cetain modules like bookmarks-delicious …

11. #11 | drdrew | March 10th, 2006 at 01:17

very cool with the drag and grop. i second the optional favicons. the clean look is what i liked. the NV icons let me know they are actual modules :)

12. #12 | Cim | March 10th, 2006 at 01:37

This is lovly…
    I’ve just got to ask one thing… When will the POP3 module work again? It’s not saving passwords and has not been for ages. Really missing this great feature..

13. #13 | John | March 10th, 2006 at 02:22

Please make all those favicons/icons optional.
    I realy don’t need all this clutter/decoration. I repect that some may like sitting there watching all these images load but I realy prefer the lean clean homepage machine without a whole grabbag of graphics.
    Cheers
    John

14. #14 | transpot | March 10th, 2006 at 04:38

I wish there was a trash can. So you can drag-and-drop to delete certain module.

15. #15 | Cyloo | March 10th, 2006 at 09:41

Bonjour Netvibes !

Toujours aussi efficaces, la seule chose concerne les icones, comme déjà dit plus haut, ce serait mieux de laisser le choix en rendant l’affichage des favicons optionel.

Bravo pour votre boulot, c’est très réussi.

Cyloo

16. #16 | gtox | March 10th, 2006 at 12:36

@7: hover over it, go to the right and click delete.

17. #17 | Inbal | March 10th, 2006 at 13:37

I like the icons, they just don’t look so great on the blue stripes (on Gmail and the webnotes). We need total design control.

18. #18 | Aziz | March 10th, 2006 at 19:19

I really hate those icons for notes! I have a lot of web notes all over the page and those icons make my page looks like a real mess!
    but I should confess that favicon for the feeds is really nice and helpful!

I preferred the drag and drop function to work in lists (like bookmarks – todo – delicious) rather than in adding the modules!

19. #19 | know | March 10th, 2006 at 20:26

Bonjour, personnelement les favicon sa fait plus joli
    Par contre pour le "drag and drop" je croi quil y a un bug, enfain en tous cas on ne peut pas annulé son geste..par exemple, et clickan sur ce que lon veut ajouté et que ensuite on n’a plus envi de le mettre, il sajoute quand meme, il faudrai distingué un lieu ou sa annule cette action…jespere que vous mavez compri !
    Pour les mini api, il faudrai un peut plus daide sur les fonction spécifique, et comment enrengistré une variable comme pour les bookmarks..?

voila, merci et excelent boulot :)
    sinon excelent boulot :)

20. #20 | Mr.J!M | March 10th, 2006 at 22:44

I love the small icon!
    Great work!

Continuer les frenchies!

21. #21 | John | March 11th, 2006 at 11:42

how I can add blog to netvibes?

22. #22 | Tariq KRIM | March 11th, 2006 at 19:33

Thanks for yor support, I think you are right, we will discuss with the team about the design issues.

23. #23 | plo | March 13th, 2006 at 08:43

the small icons are great, but whats with the feed titles shifting to the right when you mouse over???

It’s very annoying.

Incidently, the preview site does not appear to have the same behavior [which is a good thing].

24. #24 | LFDLM | March 15th, 2006 at 11:37

Je ne sais pas si c’est lié, mais j’ai eu le même problème que know et, depuis, je ne puis plus ouvrir ma page ce qui est très embêtant, car j’utilise la Todo list pour noter mes rendez-vous…
    Je suis très embarrassé. J’espère qu’une solution sera rapidement trouvée, car Netvibes est devenu, pour moi, un outil indispensable.
    En vous remerciant par avance de votre diligence, je vous félicite, encore, pour la qualité de votre travail,

25. #25 | Jerry Chappell | March 15th, 2006 at 16:11

I personally like the small icons, but why doesn’t Netvibes’ Blog have one? I agree with plo that the title shouldn’t shift if there’s no icon.

26. #26 | Jerry Chappell | March 15th, 2006 at 21:37

Also, the Bookmarks Module doesn’t have an Export option. I’d like to have one, so that I can keep a backup of all my bookmarks, locally. Thanks.

27. #27 | rabz | April 12th, 2006 at 20:34

netvibes has got really good ideas
    almost as btter as live

28. #28 | Bodik | April 20th, 2006 at 10:01

"very cool with the drag and grop." I agree with it.

29. #29 | jame smith | April 23rd, 2006 at 22:25

net vibes you are a unstoppable ajax growing web

30. #30 | Alex | May 20th, 2006 at 12:11

it’s cool to using drag&drop, thanks for this feature:)

31. #31 | Elser | May 20th, 2006 at 12:12

Thanks for all the hard work and for adding this feature. It made my life much easier.:)

32. #32 | Halun | July 29th, 2006 at 16:10

I like it to using drag&drop 8))

33. #33 | Bruno | August 6th, 2006 at 08:35

Yes, I saw it in start.com but netvibs is a really compelx website!

Congratulations again!!

34. #34 | YOMO | October 26th, 2006 at 09:16

how they do that? nice!

35. #35 | Brent | March 23rd, 2007 at 00:07

very cool with the drag and drop has made life much easier for everyone great idea and nice and helpful Thanks