General, Product Updates

New Add panel: Check out our streamlined UI in preparation for the Dashboard of Things

Did you notice your dashboard had a little makeover? Today we rolled out a newly redesigned toolbar for all Netvibes dashboards, with a streamlined look and better creative controls. Let’s take a look at what’s new.

i_newadd_1

Our dashboards have always been customizable so you can listen, learn and act on the information that matters most to you. There are many apps available in the Netvibes catalog to help you monitor social media, watch the weather, stay on top of your To Do list, play games and much more.

Today Netvibes is going even further to deliver complete personalization. With our new UI, the focus is on creation. Easily create your own custom apps to do anything—gather content, analyze information, automate actions and more—in order to create and customize the perfect dashboard for your personal or business needs.

Here are the new features of our redesigned UI:

Improved “Add” panel:

i_newadd_2

• “New” menu: Create a custom app for your dashboard, selecting one of four types:
    • Reading app: Import your favorite content and RSS feeds
    • MisoData app: Drag-to-compare data and create charts/graphs
    • Analytics app: Analyze data and discover insights
    • Potions app (coming soon): Program automatic interactions between anything, including apps, data and smart devices.
  • “My Creations” menu: View all of the custom apps and Potions you have personally created.
  • “Apps” menu: Choose from Netvibes’ app catalog.

i_newadd_3

Improved Universal Search: Type in the search bar to search your dashboard or the Internet and find exactly what you need. See all and refine.

Improved “Analyze” panel (now integrated into the “Add” panel):

• Analyze data to discover: who is talking, what is said, how is it perceived, or where is it happening.
  • New: Users can now create filters directly from the “Analyze” panel.

For more details and screenshots of Netvibes’ new UI, please visit http://netvib.es/newUX

Coming Soon: Dashboard of Things

The new UI paves the way for the upcoming release of Netvibes’ Dashboard of Things (DoT), which we’ll launch in a few weeks. DoT is an exciting evolution for Netvibes, empowering you to take control of the programmable web. Create “Potions” to automate interactions between anything on your dashboard, including apps, data and connected smart devices.

To learn more about DoT, please see the blog or read a few of our favorite articles in WIRED, VentureBeat or Ubergizmo. (You can read all the Netvibes media coverage on our Press page.)

Although the official launch is still a few weeks away, DoT is currently available as a private technology preview. Request a demo at http://www.netvibes.com/en/contact.

We hope you’ll enjoy the new toolbar and create some magic on your own dashboard. Let us know what you think!

Previous Post Next Post

20 Comments

• Reply Kvas March 12, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Not sure what was done with the program, but I now can not log in using internet explorer on my laptop, phone, or tablet. I am able to get to it using Google chrome. Suggestions on a work around so this is available in Internet Explorer?

• Reply Mr.Iozo March 12, 2015 at 6:23 pm

Ok with the new funcionalities, but please fix the apps o remove from panel
    Ebay app is not working for almost a year

• Reply Poul Hansen March 12, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Sigh, after this improvement I can’t add a simple thing as a RSS feed. WHERE CAN I DO THAT NOW?

• Reply Mylène March 13, 2015 at 10:41 am

Open the Add panel and click on “Reading app”.

• Reply Poul Hansen March 12, 2015 at 6:45 pm

iTS NICE TO HAVE ALL WIDGETS ON ONE PAGE BUT THEY ARE STILL SO SMAL THAT YOU CAN’T READ ANY TEXTS

• Reply Mark March 12, 2015 at 7:41 pm

How the heck do I add an RSS feed now? I have no idea.

• Reply Mylène March 13, 2015 at 10:39 am

Open the Add panel and click on “Reading app”.

• Reply Dave March 12, 2015 at 7:44 pm

My stock app widget now says I have no purchased stocks after reading this notice. I’ve been using it for a couple years with no issue. Just kind of weird it goes blank with this update. I hope I haven’t lost my portfolio.

• Reply Mike Raia March 12, 2015 at 8:57 pm

This is cool stuff. I look forward to Potions. Will they be premium or part of the standard account.

• Reply Ben March 13, 2015 at 1:16 am

Hopefully your $649/month for Netvibes Premium is scheduled to be reduced with the launch of the ‘Dashboard of Things’?

• Reply james March 13, 2015 at 9:19 am

I’ve found where I think adding an RSS feed should go, but it doesn’t seem to work. A regression, perhaps?

• Reply Mylène March 13, 2015 at 10:37 am

There doesn’t seem to be any issue. Maybe the feed you are trying to add is not valid?

• Reply Fred H March 13, 2015 at 2:22 pm

What happened to some apps? I had a Dilbert picture of the day app and after the update it was no longer updating. So I deleted it to try and re-add it. Now when I search on “Dilbert” it’s not available any more? I just added it the day before with the OLD ADD+ interface….one day later it’s gone from the app catalog?

• Reply Martin March 16, 2015 at 12:31 pm

Since this update, I haven’t been able to get any Google Calendar widgets to connect to my calendar. Therefore, no appointments are shown. Has been working fine up until now.

Is this related to the update?

• Reply gobo March 17, 2015 at 1:05 am

Why can’t you remove the search box on the top? I don’t need that. Also you have to do something about the tiny fonts. This isn’t 2005 anymore and many have upgraded their monitors.

• Reply Mylène March 17, 2015 at 12:08 pm

The search box setting will be fixed, thank you for reporting the issue.

• Reply Alexander Wahl March 17, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Hi,
    After the makeover my rss page doesn´t work unless I log in. How can I share my page without logging in?

• Reply ieszes March 17, 2015 at 7:28 pm

My Google calendar and the corresponding widget has disappeared.