Netvibes: A New Home For iGoogle Users

Back in June, we launched a special migration site to help Google Reader and iGoogle users move their feeds to Netvibes. And according to our stats, a lot of you have happily made the transition, especially during those last days.

welcome_refugees

On November 1st, it will be time for iGoogle to close its doors for good. Still not sure about your next home? Here’s a list of key benefits you’ll get from registering at Netvibes. For free.

• multiple private dashboards
  • instant switch between feed reader and dashboard views
  • proprietary RSS technology & infrastructure
  • ecosystem with a library of more than 260,000 apps and feeds
  • real-time search streams, including Social Search for social monitoring
  • read feeds anywhere, even offline
  • works on any device (iPhone, iPad, Android, desktop browser)
  • read/unread articles sync across all devices
  • flexible customization

On top of that, we’ve got all the widgets you need to feel at home.

And there’s also a specially designed theme available, to make you feel even less nostalgic about Google. Try it out here.

As you can see, Netvibes is the perfect home for all your RSS feeds, and more. Want to join the family? Head over this page for an easy migration.

Welcome! :)

PS: Netvibes also offers premium products for individual professionals, agencies and enterprises, featuring custom social analytics, alerts and team collaboration. Check it out!

Tags: , , , ,

Share/Save/Bookmark

17 Responses to “Netvibes: A New Home For iGoogle Users”

1. #1 | Phil | October 9th, 2013 at 16:08

I moved to NetVibes from Google Reader, and would recommend it to anyone. Been very reliable, even with the additional load, which has made the transition problem-free. Well done NetVibes, keep up the good work :-)

2. #2 | barb | October 9th, 2013 at 17:12

Hi.. I have switched over but having several serious problems that I cannot resolve. e.g. feeds don’t work in third column in firefox (but do so in other browsers), ical doesn’t import. I don’t mind paying for the version that has support, but if this doesn’t work at the beginning, not support can help or can it resolve these problems?

3. #3 | BiosNova | October 10th, 2013 at 18:54

The Gmail widget doesn’t work at all…

• #4 | BiosNova | October 10th, 2013 at 18:56

Fixed it now :)

• #5 | jean-christophe | October 11th, 2013 at 13:24

Hello. Can I ask what the issue was with the Gmail widget?

• #6 | Tara | October 28th, 2013 at 18:24

Hello, BiolNova. Would you share tips on how you got the Gmail widget to work? I have entered all the required info into the widget but cannot get the widget to show my Gmail inbox. The widget continues to show this message: “No info for this account, check your login and password and try again”. Even when I re-enter the info, refresh, sign-out and sign-in again, I continue to have this problem. Thanks if you can help me!

• #7 | RandyB | November 28th, 2013 at 23:22

Does anyone have a fix for this? GMail preview works fine for my account, but my wife’s shows exact same error message as the others “No info for this account, check your login and password and try again”. THIS IS frustrating.

4. #8 | Asalam | October 12th, 2013 at 00:40

I’ve moved from iGoogle to Netvibes and got two questions:

1) How do I remove all the unread-counters? I do not need this functionality (the many numbers just disturb me).

2) I cannot set a background picture under the feeds, only top and bottom ?

3) You can not use own background images?

4) iGoogle had sometimes pictures next to the storyline (1st feed entry). That makes the page more coreful and looks better. Is it possible here? “Magazine mode” shows too many pictures.

Thanks!!!

5. #9 | Mika | October 14th, 2013 at 22:45

Thats why i love everything from google :D
    Great Job and thank you for sharing

6. #10 | Paula W. | October 15th, 2013 at 13:27

Is there any way to change the number of columns? I’ve been looking all over but can’t find anywhere to increase the columns from 2 to 3.

7. #11 | Roman Gubarev | October 30th, 2013 at 16:27

I’ve tried netvibes as a replacement for iGoogle, but the Google News Feed is not refreshing. Delete cache did not help :-(
    The official google news widget does not have a “top stories” tab, so i have to use a rss feed.

8. #13 | BillyBob | October 31st, 2013 at 16:30

I think Netvibes is a good substitute for iGoogle but my RSS feeds to not update. I am comparing them side by side on iGoogle’s last day — iGoogle updates but Netvibes does not. Many seem to be stuck — cannot update and refresh button does not work. What can I do?

9. #14 | Lorena | November 3rd, 2013 at 20:29

Wonderful work! This is the type of information that are meant to be shared across the net. Disgrace on Google for not positioning this publish upper! Come on over and consult with my website . Thanks =)

10. #15 | Tom Seelbach | November 5th, 2013 at 14:10

I’m a new Netvibes users. So far so good: lots of good apps, very responsive.
    Why is the top block with the Google search box so big? Its more than an inch tall block of whitespace across the entire top of the page! It’s an awful waste of prime real estate….
    Thanks,
    Tom

11. #16 | Carlos | November 6th, 2013 at 12:18

I couldn´t import the opml. I´ve to change the encoding from utf-8 to ISO-8859-1 in the opml file.

12. #17 | Cheryle | December 1st, 2013 at 15:37

I moved from yahoo when they updated “my yahoo” to “their yahoo”! Many recommendations on the yahoo feedback forum for Netvibes so I moved here. Only suggestion I can make is for a workable calendar independent of google where appointments/events/etc can be scheduled and reminders sent via email.