Some of you have been experimenting loading problems with other feed readers such as Bloglines.
Netvibes is one of the most popular start pages that allows you to read and discover new feeds, so why not give it a try? Importing your data from other services to Netvibes is easy thanks to standard OPML format. This format allows you to import and export feeds from one reader to another.
To help you porting your data from your previous feed reader, we have simple tutorials to guide you:
Export from Bloglines
- Sign in your Bloglines account.
- Click Edit in the left window
- Scroll down to the bottom and click “Export subscriptions”
- Save the file to your desktop
Export from other services
If you are a User of Google Reader, iGoogle, My Yahoo!, Live.com, Internet Explorer or Opera, we also have tutorials in our Help section:
- How to switch from Google Reader to Netvibes
- How to switch from iGoogle to Netvibes
- How to switch from My Yahoo! to Netvibes
- How to switch from Live.com to Netvibes
- How to switch from Internet Explorer 7 to Netvibes
- How to switch from Opera to Netvibes
Import into Netvibes
Once you’ve exported your OPML from your feedreader to your desktop, you can import it into Netvibes.
- Go to netvibes.com
- Click on “Add content” (top left)
- Select “Add a feed”
- Click on the “Import” link
- Browse your desktop files and find the file you saved (
google-reader-subscriptions.xmlfor Google Reader)
- Validate by clicking the “Import” button
Your page will then reload with all your imported feeds. To finish the process, make sure to save your page by signing up for a free account. If you have problems importing your feeds, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our support team is here to help you.