Improved Dashboards Performance: Introducing “Progressive Loading”

In our permanent search to improve our dashboards, we’re happy to announce the implementation of a new feature called “Progressive Loading”.

If you’re a hardcore Netvibes user, with a lot of tabs and apps, your dashboard will load faster, displaying only the apps that are actually showing on the screen, preloading the rest in the background. Your browser will require less power and memory to process the pages (especially on the latest Internet Explorer) which means more performance for your dashboard while keeping the acurate “unread” count for each one of your tabs.

No change in your routine there, only a smoother display.

Following the launch of our fast & slim Tab Navigator, this new improvement will surely make your Netvibes experience run smoother. Check it out right now on your dashboard!

Questions? Comments? Post them below.

Tags: ,

15 Responses to “Improved Dashboards Performance: Introducing “Progressive Loading””

1. #1 | twin_suns | September 18th, 2012 at 21:23

How do you disable this progressive loading? I am constantly getting interrupted by widgets ‘loading’ when I’m quickly looking through my tabs…..

2. #2 | Marcel. | September 19th, 2012 at 05:45

Come on guys… This is the internet. You can change something you think is going to be better, but leave the option for those who don’t think like you… Please, leave us the option to disable “progressive loading” and “Tab navigator”… I hated them.
    Thanks.

3. #3 | Mike | September 19th, 2012 at 11:08

Two very bad moves in less than a month.
    That’s impressive.

Now I spend my time waiting the dashboard to load.

Perhaps it’s time to find an alternative before the next “improvement”.

4. #4 | Joey | September 19th, 2012 at 14:58

How do I turn this off? Progressive loading completely defeats the purpose of having a dashboard that allows a quick visual overview :(

5. #5 | gobo | September 20th, 2012 at 21:43

The progressive loading animation seems to make netvibes slower. The performance of site seems slower with it enabled.

6. #6 | John | September 21st, 2012 at 01:31

Very Very Slow.

7. #7 | calway | October 3rd, 2012 at 02:22

How can we get back to the old way of loading, this is a bad move, everything so slow!
    I’ve been using Netvibes for a long time and this is the worst change you have made.
    Please give us a chance to go back to the old way of loading

8. #8 | gobo | October 5th, 2012 at 05:22

Nobody likes the progressive loading nonsense.

9. #9 | Philip | October 5th, 2012 at 09:19

I checked into the blog today to see why Netvibes has become impossibly slow. I suppose this is the reason. As I use Netvibes now, the tabs begin to show that I have huge numbers of unread items, which disappear as I open them. Netvibes churns along as it is apparently “progressively loading”. After maybe 10 minutes it becomes completely unresponsive. The only solution is to sign out every few minutes.

10. #10 | Roger Fairman | October 12th, 2012 at 17:45

also getting very silly numbers on my tabs !!!

11. #11 | Nancy | October 15th, 2012 at 16:05

No happy at all with the change. the numbers shown for unread items are more often than not incorrect, and I waste time checking posts that aren’t actually there.

12. #12 | Malcolm | October 15th, 2012 at 17:03

Really disappointing. So slow now, constantly refreshing midstream and spouting nonsensical numbers. Been a faithful Netvibes user for over 5 years, but this “improvement” is making me consider switching to something else like Google Reader.

13. #13 | Sylvain | October 16th, 2012 at 14:06

This is nice, but please FIX the unread numbers !
    I always have like 1500 unread articles on tab counter, which is false.

• #14 | Sylvain | October 16th, 2012 at 14:08

This force me to open tabs to see if I actually have unread feed even if it’s not. So it defeats the purpose of progressive loading since I have to load EVERY tab to update unread counters.

14. #15 | piersen lotz | October 25th, 2012 at 08:57

How in the world does netvibes work? I’m tryn to find old messages I left months ago. I want to see if I like this devise or not…..It’s jumping all over the place and I can’t even follow one thread.