General

Improved Dashboards Performance: Introducing "Progressive Loading"

In our permanent search to improve our dashboards, we’re happy to announce the implementation of a new feature called “Progressive Loading”.

If you’re a hardcore Netvibes user, with a lot of tabs and apps, your dashboard will load faster, displaying only the apps that are actually showing on the screen, preloading the rest in the background. Your browser will require less power and memory to process the pages (especially on the latest Internet Explorer) which means more performance for your dashboard while keeping the acurate “unread” count for each one of your tabs.

No change in your routine there, only a smoother display.

Following the launch of our fast & slim Tab Navigator, this new improvement will surely make your Netvibes experience run smoother. Check it out right now on your dashboard!

Questions? Comments? Post them below.

Previous Post Next Post

15 Comments

• Reply twin_suns September 18, 2012 at 9:23 pm

How do you disable this progressive loading? I am constantly getting interrupted by widgets ‘loading’ when I’m quickly looking through my tabs…..

• Reply Marcel. September 19, 2012 at 5:45 am

Come on guys… This is the internet. You can change something you think is going to be better, but leave the option for those who don’t think like you… Please, leave us the option to disable “progressive loading” and “Tab navigator”… I hated them.
    Thanks.

• Reply Mike September 19, 2012 at 11:08 am

Two very bad moves in less than a month.
    That’s impressive.

Now I spend my time waiting the dashboard to load.

Perhaps it’s time to find an alternative before the next “improvement”.

• Reply Joey September 19, 2012 at 2:58 pm

How do I turn this off? Progressive loading completely defeats the purpose of having a dashboard that allows a quick visual overview 🙁

• Reply gobo September 20, 2012 at 9:43 pm

The progressive loading animation seems to make netvibes slower. The performance of site seems slower with it enabled.

• Reply John September 21, 2012 at 1:31 am

Very Very Slow.

• Reply calway October 3, 2012 at 2:22 am

How can we get back to the old way of loading, this is a bad move, everything so slow!
    I’ve been using Netvibes for a long time and this is the worst change you have made.
    Please give us a chance to go back to the old way of loading

• Reply gobo October 5, 2012 at 5:22 am

Nobody likes the progressive loading nonsense.

• Reply Philip October 5, 2012 at 9:19 am

I checked into the blog today to see why Netvibes has become impossibly slow. I suppose this is the reason. As I use Netvibes now, the tabs begin to show that I have huge numbers of unread items, which disappear as I open them. Netvibes churns along as it is apparently “progressively loading”. After maybe 10 minutes it becomes completely unresponsive. The only solution is to sign out every few minutes.

• Reply Roger Fairman October 12, 2012 at 5:45 pm

also getting very silly numbers on my tabs !!!

• Reply Nancy October 15, 2012 at 4:05 pm

No happy at all with the change. the numbers shown for unread items are more often than not incorrect, and I waste time checking posts that aren’t actually there.

• Reply Malcolm October 15, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Really disappointing. So slow now, constantly refreshing midstream and spouting nonsensical numbers. Been a faithful Netvibes user for over 5 years, but this “improvement” is making me consider switching to something else like Google Reader.

• Reply Sylvain October 16, 2012 at 2:06 pm

This is nice, but please FIX the unread numbers !
    I always have like 1500 unread articles on tab counter, which is false.

• Reply Sylvain October 16, 2012 at 2:08 pm

This force me to open tabs to see if I actually have unread feed even if it’s not. So it defeats the purpose of progressive loading since I have to load EVERY tab to update unread counters.

• Reply piersen lotz October 25, 2012 at 8:57 am

How in the world does netvibes work? I’m tryn to find old messages I left months ago. I want to see if I like this devise or not…..It’s jumping all over the place and I can’t even follow one thread.