Get a faster Netvibes with the new Firefox 3.5

Mozilla Corp. just released the latest version of their browser: Firefox. This new version brings major speed improvements that will make your Netvibes significantly faster. If you’re running an older browser, you might want to give it a try. To download the latest version of Mozilla Firefox, go to http://www.mozilla.com/. It is available for Windows, Mac and Linux in many languages.

For an even better experience, get the updated Netvibes Extension for Firefox. In one click, you will be able to:

• share any link with your contacts

To install the Netvibes Extension, go to addons.mozilla.com, and click on “Add to Firefox”.

Tags: ,

33 Responses to “Get a faster Netvibes with the new Firefox 3.5”

1. #1 | calway | July 1st, 2009 at 12:59

Speed is the only problem that I have with Netvibes, but I’m not about to load firefox. I’m using the latest Opera on a Mac.
    Netvibes is great, but I wonder why the same feeds loaded on Yahoo and Igoogle, which are up and running in 3 or 4 seconds, take 10 to 15 seconds on Netvibes.
    Does anyone else have this problem?
    I would love to dump both of the above and use Netvibes all the time.
    Now, after saying that, I must still congratulate Netvibes for the service they are providing. Great job Netvibes, maybe Opera 10 will speed things up for me.

2. #2 | kdhuk | July 1st, 2009 at 13:40

Netvibes Firefox addon is not auto updating – seems to need downloading and reinstalling

3. #3 | kdhuk | July 1st, 2009 at 13:42

eco.netvibes.com/tools/fi… is still showing version 0.8.1 !!

4. #4 | JohnnyT | July 1st, 2009 at 16:33

Yup, the latest Add2Netvibes v0.8.1 Firefox extension is not compatible with it. Hopefully the Netvibes dev team can update it soon.

5. #5 | Acai Berry | July 1st, 2009 at 19:22

I have downloaded the latest version of Mozilla, and this is true that the new one is more faster than old version..

6. #6 | Bob | July 2nd, 2009 at 01:21

I’m also finding Netvibes sluggish the last few days, with or without FF 3.5. I’ve tried it with Chrome and its only slightly faster. No where near as fast as iGoogle, but I have no plans to switch. Netvibes features are still superior to any other start page/rss feed reader.

Hoping for some performance improvements, even if it meant paying some premium dollars for a subscription.

Bob

7. #7 | rsmanyan | July 2nd, 2009 at 08:38

I have updated my FF to 3.5. But My Netvibes has become white with my theme no where to be seen. It works in safari,though

8. #8 | karu | July 2nd, 2009 at 08:50

Works great with new FF 3.5. Theme was on first load white but after reload normal.

9. #9 | gobo | July 2nd, 2009 at 14:13

I agree with others that the sluggish feel of netvibes is its Achilles heel.

10. #10 | World | July 2nd, 2009 at 20:05

11. #11 | Thomas Nadin | July 3rd, 2009 at 17:03

calway

Yeah, Netvibes has always been slow for me to load feeds and such. One suggestion I was given was in setting to only load one tab’s worth of feeds at a time, even on broadband. It has decreased the load time but Netvibes still remains slower than all it’s other competitors.

That saying, I will definitely continue to use it over iGoogle and other startups.

12. #12 | Tooth center | July 4th, 2009 at 13:08

it becomes white is there any prob?

13. #13 | göğüs büyütücü | July 4th, 2009 at 13:22

14. #14 | Sinergio | July 4th, 2009 at 18:51

15. #15 | Dll | July 4th, 2009 at 19:27

chrome is also really fast to load my netvibes.

16. #16 | Ellada | July 5th, 2009 at 17:33

17. #17 | littlebigbingo | July 6th, 2009 at 09:00

it is a lot faster. ive also tried the new safari and chrome and i think that firefox is the best.

18. #18 | driver detective | July 6th, 2009 at 13:31

Folks, is this new firefox really so much faster?

19. #19 | Resveratrol Ultra | July 6th, 2009 at 14:58

chrome is best it’s loading very fast my netvibes.

20. #20 | Plirofories | July 6th, 2009 at 19:57

I agree with others that the sluggish feel of netvibes is its Achilles heel.

21. #21 | galabingo | July 7th, 2009 at 17:26

Not tried using googles chrome yet, but i agree with the others the new addition to firefox has made it a lot faster, worth downloading if you dont already have it

22. #22 | EH | July 9th, 2009 at 18:38

NV under FF3.5 still blows up to over half a gig of RAM with ~100 plain RSS feeds. I have to restart NV multiple times per day and I have to remember to close NV when I’m not reading it. I can’t leave it open or FF will grow endlessly.

23. #23 | angkasuwan | July 11th, 2009 at 04:26

yeah firefox. faster =good

24. #24 | Piercing Grosshandel | July 11th, 2009 at 22:07

in the new version firefox is a lot of faster

25. #25 | Witze | July 11th, 2009 at 22:14

Thanks for this great firefox extension.

26. #26 | Peter | July 12th, 2009 at 07:02

I can definitely say that it is much better now.

27. #27 | 640-802 | July 12th, 2009 at 11:41

Yep, i agree with the others the new addition to firefox has made it a lot faster and easy to use.

28. #28 | Golf swing tips | July 13th, 2009 at 08:39

29. #29 | Suzy | July 15th, 2009 at 01:17

I can’t wait until Windows 7 is released. Supposedly Firefox 3.5 runs 60% faster on it. I wish I remember where I found that.

30. #30 | JR | July 16th, 2009 at 16:50

Where did you hear that Suzy? That’d be amazing if it was 60% faster on it!

31. #31 | Jake James | July 25th, 2009 at 02:49

Firefox just keeps stepping it up! I left IE 3 years ago and i have never looked back!

I Love this thing