Dashboard Everything. The answer to the real-time Web.

What moves faster than the speed of light? The real-time Web.

Billions of tweets, comments, RSS feeds, chats, status updates, photos and videos are streamed from user to user, and then replicated and reposted infinitely over and over again–making those original bits defy physics by co-existing all around the world simultaneously–ultimately to reach out to you! Whew!

So how can we manage it all? Dashboard Everything.

When Netvibes first started, our motto was “(re)mix the Web“. It was about accelerating how people experience the Web by bringing together all of their favorite parts of the Web into one personalized place. The ultimate evolution of that led us to create Netvibes Wasabi–the ultimate dashboard for the real-time Web.

Netvibes Dashboards are way more than startpages. Our smart reader lets you view content like a live magazine or as a universal stream of everything that matters to you. Our “drag-and-follow” Twitter widgets let you quickly make new widgets to track new trending topics on the fly. Our push publishing in our Premium Dashboard offering and RSS acceleration technologies dramatically accelerate how quickly content is delivered to you. In short, Netvibes Dashboards are the best and only way to manage your entire real-time Web–not just Twitter or Facebook, but literally every single blog, photo, video, blurb and bit that you want to keep track of.

Our new motto reflects this evolution and is also the answer to how to manage the real-time Web: Dashboard Everything.

Dashboard Everything

The first era of the Web was browsing organized directories (like AOL or Yahoo!). Then as the Web grew larger, we entered the era of search (like Google). But with the explosion of real-time streams, search isn’t enough. In this third era, dashboarding offers a new way to interact with the Web, where it all comes to you, automatically, instead of you going out to it. Netvibes Dashboards let you put all of those streams right into one convenient place, personalized by you and automatically organized, updated and delivered by us.

So how can you get started dashboarding? The Dashboarding Guide

We’ve organized more than 100 of the best tools out there for helping you get started monitoring, listening and analyzing the real-time Web. Monitoring tools like customized Google News search and Digg widgets help you track and keep up to date on topics that matter to you. Listening tools like Social Mention and Trendrr help you discover and follow trending topics. Analyzing tools like Twitter Sentiment and Compete Analytics help you dig even deeper by analyzing reputations and trend charts.

Dashboarding Guide

This is only the beginning. We’re counting on you to help us rate and review these tools, suggest new tools, and share stories about how you use Netvibes Dashboards in your daily life. In the future, we’ll have how-to articles, videos and more to help people learn how they can use dashboarding as a new way to tame the real-time Web.

It’s time to Dashboard Everything.

-Freddy Mini
CEO, Netvibes

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Share/Save/Bookmark

29 Responses to “Dashboard Everything. The answer to the real-time Web.”

1. #1 | Pete | March 23rd, 2010 at 19:17

The twitscoop.com widget is missing in the monitoring tool!

2. #2 | Buzzz | March 23rd, 2010 at 19:33

Love it. more in line with how we use Netvibes today. Congrats on the dashboarding guide as well. 100 tools today. I bet 1000 by year end.

3. #4 | jake jacob | March 24th, 2010 at 23:50

I didn’t know anything about this but I’m jazzed. I think it’s going to help alot

4. #5 | Vance Sova | March 25th, 2010 at 04:37

Hi Freddy,

You post is packed with information and it all sounds so wonderful.

But one hundred tools and more on the way? That is almost scary.

How are the users who are already pressed for time going to learn to use all that?

I look forward to the videos that will show how to use the tools.
    I guess it will take a long time to internalize all the information.

Vance

5. #6 | Freddy Mini | March 25th, 2010 at 09:05

Hi Marc,

Great to hear from you and thanks for the comment. Glad you like the direction we’re going to.
    Stay tuned more coming shortly…
    Gimmie a call next time you’re in town

Freddy

6. #7 | rady | March 26th, 2010 at 18:46

A lot of my feeds are not showing any updates anymore!

7. #8 | rady | March 27th, 2010 at 08:32

Is there anyway to downgrade to the previous version? It’s a bit frustrating

8. #9 | Dennis | March 29th, 2010 at 10:51

@rady + @netvibes: the same happens (or not happens) on my dashboards … many feeds are not showing updates, only if I refresh the hole page.

9. #10 | Samy | March 29th, 2010 at 12:19

@rady @Dennis Do you still have issues? Everything seems fine now.

10. #11 | Dennis | March 29th, 2010 at 13:20

@Samy, it seems that an update only occurs once or twice a day. Even if I click on the refresh icon .. nothing happens. After few hours I noticed that there were some updates. Only my googlemail widget works fine and shows incomming mails as soon as they arrives.
    Example: I have added the german IT news feed from golem.de (http://rss.golem.de/rss.php?feed=ATOM1.0). On my netvibes dashboard the last news is 4 hours old. But in the meentime more then 13 news are available in the feed provided by golem.de.

11. #12 | d | March 30th, 2010 at 09:40

12. #14 | led lights | April 1st, 2010 at 08:45

13. #15 | led screen | April 1st, 2010 at 08:54

led us to create Netvibes Wasabi–the ultimate dashboard for the real-time Web.

14. #16 | key ödemeleri | April 1st, 2010 at 18:05

ilgincmis hakkaten. ama tam karar vermek guc. yine de tesekkerler….
    key ödemeleri

15. #17 | Tocoa Manikin | April 3rd, 2010 at 00:07

thank you for posting the dashboard guide, seems to be a great tool.

16. #18 | ostenx | April 3rd, 2010 at 19:05

Hi,
    I’ve the same problem than Dennis.
    Is there any way to disable Wasabi and go back to the old version? the number of unread articles is very large on some sites, it’s not very practical.

thanks

17. #19 | 7798.cn | April 4th, 2010 at 19:05

The twitscoop.com widget is missing in the monitoring tool!

18. #20 | rady | April 6th, 2010 at 10:03

@Sami, yes i still have the problem. The only feeds updating when i click the refresh button from the feedbox are gmail and facebook. The rest of the feeds don’t react

19. #21 | genso | April 6th, 2010 at 12:56

20. #22 | Granit chiński | April 8th, 2010 at 23:27

Thank you for posting the dashboard guide, seems to be a great tool.

21. #23 | GreenNet | April 8th, 2010 at 23:29

A lot of my feeds are not showing any updates anymore – same here.

22. #24 | rady | April 12th, 2010 at 09:09

Any updates on this situation, Netvibes? Many times i open a tab, all of the feeds are display as unread, although i marked them all as read hours/minutes before. The “refresh” buton in the feeds still does not respond.. :(

23. #25 | Brice | April 12th, 2010 at 14:10

Like many users, my feeds are not updating correctly anymore, and the number of unread feeds is incorrect.

24. #26 | Tinta | April 16th, 2010 at 00:17

Please tell me how can I downgrade!

The feeds don’t get refreshed even if I push the refresh button, others don’t get displayed at all..
    Maybe the “reader view” is good and fresh enough, but it’s not why I used and liked Netvibes before.

So please give me a DOWNGRADE button, otherwise I have to look for other solutions…

25. #27 | Tinta | April 16th, 2010 at 10:47

Ah, today I even get just a few of my feeds updated. All of the others are empty. My last day on netvibes, it’s sooo buggy, I can’t stand it, shame. It used to be a very good project. Once…

26. #28 | JohnnyL | April 17th, 2010 at 08:42

I loved Netvibes until I “upgraded” to Wasabi. Buggy as hell. The reader view is a pieve of crap in my opinion. does nothing to help me. I like the widget view but feeds are slow to update. many duplicate feeds. Seems to be a resource hog. Any way to get rid of Wasabi and go back to the previous version? was this even tested at all?

27. #29 | lose belly fat fast | April 19th, 2010 at 08:38

I didn’t know about this before but I’m hyped. I think it’s going to help a lot!