General

Dashboard Everything. The answer to the real-time Web.

What moves faster than the speed of light? The real-time Web.

Billions of tweets, comments, RSS feeds, chats, status updates, photos and videos are streamed from user to user, and then replicated and reposted infinitely over and over again–making those original bits defy physics by co-existing all around the world simultaneously–ultimately to reach out to you! Whew!

So how can we manage it all? Dashboard Everything.

When Netvibes first started, our motto was “(re)mix the Web“. It was about accelerating how people experience the Web by bringing together all of their favorite parts of the Web into one personalized place. The ultimate evolution of that led us to create Netvibes Wasabi–the ultimate dashboard for the real-time Web.

Netvibes Dashboards are way more than startpages. Our smart reader lets you view content like a live magazine or as a universal stream of everything that matters to you. Our “drag-and-follow” Twitter widgets let you quickly make new widgets to track new trending topics on the fly. Our push publishing in our Premium Dashboard offering and RSS acceleration technologies dramatically accelerate how quickly content is delivered to you. In short, Netvibes Dashboards are the best and only way to manage your entire real-time Web–not just Twitter or Facebook, but literally every single blog, photo, video, blurb and bit that you want to keep track of.

Our new motto reflects this evolution and is also the answer to how to manage the real-time Web: Dashboard Everything.

Dashboard Everything

The first era of the Web was browsing organized directories (like AOL or Yahoo!). Then as the Web grew larger, we entered the era of search (like Google). But with the explosion of real-time streams, search isn’t enough. In this third era, dashboarding offers a new way to interact with the Web, where it all comes to you, automatically, instead of you going out to it. Netvibes Dashboards let you put all of those streams right into one convenient place, personalized by you and automatically organized, updated and delivered by us.

So how can you get started dashboarding? The Dashboarding Guide

We’ve organized more than 100 of the best tools out there for helping you get started monitoring, listening and analyzing the real-time Web. Monitoring tools like customized Google News search and Digg widgets help you track and keep up to date on topics that matter to you. Listening tools like Social Mention and Trendrr help you discover and follow trending topics. Analyzing tools like Twitter Sentiment and Compete Analytics help you dig even deeper by analyzing reputations and trend charts.

Dashboarding Guide

This is only the beginning. We’re counting on you to help us rate and review these tools, suggest new tools, and share stories about how you use Netvibes Dashboards in your daily life. In the future, we’ll have how-to articles, videos and more to help people learn how they can use dashboarding as a new way to tame the real-time Web.

It’s time to Dashboard Everything.

-Freddy Mini
CEO, Netvibes

Previous Post Next Post

29 Comments

• Reply Pete March 23, 2010 at 7:17 pm

The twitscoop.com widget is missing in the monitoring tool!

• Reply Buzzz March 23, 2010 at 7:33 pm

Love it. more in line with how we use Netvibes today. Congrats on the dashboarding guide as well. 100 tools today. I bet 1000 by year end.

• Reply Marc's Voice » Going to Florida blogging ‘10 March 24, 2010 at 5:39 am

[…] Five years later NetVibes is finally into Dashboard-ing Everything. This is what I pitched to Tariq when I met him for the first time – in the hallway at LeWeb05. […]

• Reply jake jacob March 24, 2010 at 11:50 pm

I didn’t know anything about this but I’m jazzed. I think it’s going to help alot

• Reply Vance Sova March 25, 2010 at 4:37 am

Hi Freddy,

You post is packed with information and it all sounds so wonderful.

But one hundred tools and more on the way? That is almost scary.

How are the users who are already pressed for time going to learn to use all that?

I look forward to the videos that will show how to use the tools.
    I guess it will take a long time to internalize all the information.

Vance

• Reply Freddy Mini March 25, 2010 at 9:05 am

Hi Marc,

Great to hear from you and thanks for the comment. Glad you like the direction we’re going to.
    Stay tuned more coming shortly…
    Gimmie a call next time you’re in town

Freddy

• Reply rady March 26, 2010 at 6:46 pm

A lot of my feeds are not showing any updates anymore!

• Reply rady March 27, 2010 at 8:32 am

Is there anyway to downgrade to the previous version? It’s a bit frustrating

• Reply Dennis March 29, 2010 at 10:51 am

@rady + @netvibes: the same happens (or not happens) on my dashboards … many feeds are not showing updates, only if I refresh the hole page.

• Reply Samy March 29, 2010 at 12:19 pm

@rady @Dennis Do you still have issues? Everything seems fine now.

• Reply Dennis March 29, 2010 at 1:20 pm

@Samy, it seems that an update only occurs once or twice a day. Even if I click on the refresh icon .. nothing happens. After few hours I noticed that there were some updates. Only my googlemail widget works fine and shows incomming mails as soon as they arrives.
    Example: I have added the german IT news feed from golem.de (http://rss.golem.de/rss.php?feed=ATOM1.0). On my netvibes dashboard the last news is 4 hours old. But in the meentime more then 13 news are available in the feed provided by golem.de.

• Reply d March 30, 2010 at 9:40 am

• Reply Netvibes Reaches Profitability March 31, 2010 at 3:46 pm

[…] the future of the real-time Web. Our new logo and motto “Dashboard Everything” that we introduced last week, reflects the new direction given by our users and customers who rely on us to help them better […]

• Reply led lights April 1, 2010 at 8:45 am

• Reply led screen April 1, 2010 at 8:54 am

led us to create Netvibes Wasabi–the ultimate dashboard for the real-time Web.

• Reply key ödemeleri April 1, 2010 at 6:05 pm

ilgincmis hakkaten. ama tam karar vermek guc. yine de tesekkerler….
    key ödemeleri

• Reply Tocoa Manikin April 3, 2010 at 12:07 am

thank you for posting the dashboard guide, seems to be a great tool.

• Reply ostenx April 3, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Hi,
    I’ve the same problem than Dennis.
    Is there any way to disable Wasabi and go back to the old version? the number of unread articles is very large on some sites, it’s not very practical.

thanks

• Reply 7798.cn April 4, 2010 at 7:05 pm

The twitscoop.com widget is missing in the monitoring tool!

• Reply rady April 6, 2010 at 10:03 am

@Sami, yes i still have the problem. The only feeds updating when i click the refresh button from the feedbox are gmail and facebook. The rest of the feeds don’t react

• Reply genso April 6, 2010 at 12:56 pm

• Reply Granit chiński April 8, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Thank you for posting the dashboard guide, seems to be a great tool.

• Reply GreenNet April 8, 2010 at 11:29 pm

A lot of my feeds are not showing any updates anymore – same here.

• Reply rady April 12, 2010 at 9:09 am

Any updates on this situation, Netvibes? Many times i open a tab, all of the feeds are display as unread, although i marked them all as read hours/minutes before. The “refresh” buton in the feeds still does not respond.. 🙁

• Reply Brice April 12, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Like many users, my feeds are not updating correctly anymore, and the number of unread feeds is incorrect.

• Reply Tinta April 16, 2010 at 12:17 am

Please tell me how can I downgrade!

The feeds don’t get refreshed even if I push the refresh button, others don’t get displayed at all..
    Maybe the “reader view” is good and fresh enough, but it’s not why I used and liked Netvibes before.

So please give me a DOWNGRADE button, otherwise I have to look for other solutions…

• Reply Tinta April 16, 2010 at 10:47 am

Ah, today I even get just a few of my feeds updated. All of the others are empty. My last day on netvibes, it’s sooo buggy, I can’t stand it, shame. It used to be a very good project. Once…

• Reply JohnnyL April 17, 2010 at 8:42 am

I loved Netvibes until I “upgraded” to Wasabi. Buggy as hell. The reader view is a pieve of crap in my opinion. does nothing to help me. I like the widget view but feeds are slow to update. many duplicate feeds. Seems to be a resource hog. Any way to get rid of Wasabi and go back to the previous version? was this even tested at all?

• Reply lose belly fat fast April 19, 2010 at 8:38 am

I didn’t know about this before but I’m hyped. I think it’s going to help a lot!