Did you notice your dashboard had a little makeover? Today we rolled out a newly redesigned toolbar for all Netvibes dashboards, with a streamlined look and better creative controls. Let’s take a look at what’s new.
Our dashboards have always been customizable so you can listen, learn and act on the information that matters most to you. There are many apps available in the Netvibes catalog to help you monitor social media, watch the weather, stay on top of your To Do list, play games and much more.
Today Netvibes is going even further to deliver complete personalization. With our new UI, the focus is on creation. Easily create your own custom apps to do anything—gather content, analyze information, automate actions and more—in order to create and customize the perfect dashboard for your personal or business needs.
Here are the new features of our redesigned UI:
Improved “Add” panel:
- “New” menu: Create a custom app for your dashboard, selecting one of four types:
- Reading app: Import your favorite content and RSS feeds
- MisoData app: Drag-to-compare data and create charts/graphs
- Analytics app: Analyze data and discover insights
- Potions app (coming soon): Program automatic interactions between anything, including apps, data and smart devices.
- “My Creations” menu: View all of the custom apps and Potions you have personally created.
- “Apps” menu: Choose from Netvibes’ app catalog.
Improved Universal Search: Type in the search bar to search your dashboard or the Internet and find exactly what you need. See all and refine.
Improved “Analyze” panel (now integrated into the “Add” panel):
- Analyze data to discover: who is talking, what is said, how is it perceived, or where is it happening.
- New: Users can now create filters directly from the “Analyze” panel.
For more details and screenshots of Netvibes’ new UI, please visit http://netvib.es/newUX
Coming Soon: Dashboard of Things
The new UI paves the way for the upcoming release of Netvibes’ Dashboard of Things (DoT), which we’ll launch in a few weeks. DoT is an exciting evolution for Netvibes, empowering you to take control of the programmable web. Create “Potions” to automate interactions between anything on your dashboard, including apps, data and connected smart devices.
To learn more about DoT, please see the blog or read a few of our favorite articles in WIRED, VentureBeat or Ubergizmo. (You can read all the Netvibes media coverage on our Press page.)
Although the official launch is still a few weeks away, DoT is currently available as a private technology preview. Request a demo at http://www.netvibes.com/en/contact.
We hope you’ll enjoy the new toolbar and create some magic on your own dashboard. Let us know what you think!