[Updated] All-New Netvibes Reader Empowers People to Read the Web More Thoughtfully (and Beautifully)
- January 16th 2014 at 11:11 AM
- 215 Comments
Edit 01/23: We’ve been carefully reviewing your feedback and decided to make some adjustments to our New Reader.
- Web Site View will now be persistent for each feed
- IE8 / Safari 5 improved support (for users of older iOS/OS X versions)
- New Pinch-to-Zoom
- Coming soon: Compact Mode (reduced line spacing) and Adaptive Width (to improve space usage on large screens)
Netvibes pioneered the personalized feed reader and dashboard, earning numerous awards from TechCrunch, TIME, PC World and others for its user-centric design. Following the closure of Google Reader and iGoogle last year, more than 500,000 new users have recently joined the millions that have already been using Netvibes to manage their daily digital lives, crawling 25 million new articles per day.
For the last months, we’ve been gathering your feedback and brainstorming on how to improve our Reader. And today, we’re happy to introduce our all-new Netvibes Reader, thoughtfully designed for optimum readability on all devices, prioritizing slow feeds you might have otherwise missed and enabling users to curate content that matters to them. Let’s take a look at what’s new and how the best reader just got better…
Optimized text for maximum readability
Beautifully formatted, distraction-free. It’s a cleaner, more enjoyable way to view articles, images and videos.
Unified reading experience
Enjoy a consistent reading experience across all devices and screen sizes for desktop and tablets. No need to install separate apps.
Magic Mosaic Layout
Beyond just text, Netvibes helps you discover photos and design inspiration from the Web. Adaptive design automatically resizes images from articles into a beautiful, dynamic wall of visual content.
Slow Feeds Filtering
Getting buried? Make sure you never miss a post from your less frequently updated sources.
New VIP features coming soon
VIP users will soon unlock powerful search tools, automated topic tracking, faster feeds and priority support.
Moreover, Netvibes Reader continues to offer many other powerful features:
- 2-in-1 Reader and Dashboard views.
- 3 columns UI with collapsible side bars for sources, livebar and tagging and a big center pane for reading and browsing.
- Multiple layouts (all or unread articles, list / expanded / mosaic) and full items display.
- Multiple sorting options: all feeds, folders, saved items.
- Full RSS support: secure feeds, social network streams and search streams.
- Podcast aggregation, pictures & video embedding.
- Easy OPML import and export.
- Cross-platform, cross-device sync.
- Keyboard shortcuts for ease of access.
Try the all-new Netvibes Reader today at: http://www.netvibes.com/?view=reader