Want to test Netvibes on iPad?
- June 3rd 2010 at 05:01 PM
- 29 Comments
As promised last week we have a preview of the iPad version you can now freely access. No need to leave your email address or enter a special invitation code, just grab your iPad and go to http://ipad.netvibes.com
Netvibes on iPad is synced online to Netvibes.com, meaning logging with your existing account you can access the same experience both on your desktop (at home or at work), and on your iPad. In addition, RSS articles that are read on the iPad, will also be synced and marked as read on your desktop from Netvibes.com
The features still missing and which will be added in the next few weeks are:
- “next” and “previous” buttons to switch quickly between articles
- a left pannel to switch quickly between sources and widgets
- ability to switch between, list, expanded and mosaic views
- ability to share articles through Twitter, Facebook or emails
Since it’s an alpha version it still has some known issues (aka. “bugs”)
- article counters may differ between your iPad and your desktop mainly because some UWAs and Premium Widgets aren’t compatible yet.
- when visiting a blog post at it’s source, a click on the browser’s “back” button to go back to Netvibes can on some occasions display a blank page
Of course, we are working on them and expect to nail them down really soon. Be sure to follow our blog and twitter (@netvibes) since we’ll give you regular and timely updates about development progress through those channels
Looking forward to hear what you think about it and don’t hesitate to share your feature ideas or wishes.