Get ‘er done! Productivity Potions from Netvibes
- September 23rd 2015 at 06:10 PM
- No Comments
It’s September, summer vacations are over, and your schedule is getting busier. Looking for some new ways to boost your productivity? There’s a Netvibes Potion for that.
Netvibes Potions make it easy to program your own automatic interactions between apps, devices and data on your dashboard. (For an introduction to Potions and Netvibes’ Dashboard of Things, please visit our FAQ page or read more on our Potion blogs).
By automating a few of the tasks on your plate, you can get more done in less time, stay focused and keep yourself motivated. Here are a few Potion ideas to get you started:
- Morning Motivation – Productivity experts recommend waking up earlier as a way to get a jump start on your day. The challenge is motivating yourself to get out of bed when that alarm clock rings, rather than hitting the snooze button.
Every morning at 5am, text me a “Motivational Quote of the Day” (from RSS feed)
- Team Collaboration – Stop emailing spreadsheets back and forth, which wastes time and can create version-control problems. Instead, use Dropbox to share documents, and use a Netvibes Potion to keep you informed of the edits being made. This Potion monitors the shared directory on Dropbox where your team shares files.
Every time a document changes, then send me an email.
- Productivity Reading List – If you want to learn new tips to boost your productivity, try setting up a Potion to create a reading list for you.
When a new article is published that contains the keywords “Productivity Tips,” then add the article to Pocket and email it to me.
- Social media automation – Save time and increase engagement by automating your social media accounts. For example, automatically syndicate your content across multiple social channels:
If @MyBrand posts a new photo on Instagram, automatically share it on Facebook and Twitter
You can explore more Social Media Automation potions on the Netvibes blog: http://blog.netvibes.com/social-media-automation-with-netvibes-potions/