A decade of dashboarding: Netvibes turns 10!
- September 15th 2015 at 12:06 PM
- 103 Comments
Ten years ago, we began our mission of helping people to listen, learn and act on what matters. Today Netvibes turns 10, we want to thank you for making Netvibes your favorite dashboard.
Netvibes’ 10th year has been pretty busy, with above all the release last spring of a feature that set a new milestone in our history: the Dashboard of Things.
With DoT, you can now create Potions to automate interactions between your data, app and devices connected to your dashboard. If A and/or B triggers happen, then do X and Y actions; otherwise, do U and T.
To launch the Dashboard of Things in the best conditions possible, we also revamped the Add panel. You are now certainly used to it, but click here if you want to take a tour and make sure that you have not missed out on any of its features.
We also made sharing easier with the introduction of Quickshare —a tiny update for greater convenience. Set up the third-party services of your choice and share any article in one click.
And should you want to keep an eye on some articles, we created an app that allows you to display your saved articles in app view. Click on the star icon on any item and find it at any time in the Saved Articles app. You no longer need to use the reader view to display your favorite articles. Add this app to your dashboard now.
For Twitter aficionados, we added support of Twitter lists. Click on the list button and select the list you want to display on your dashboard. You can add as many Twitter apps as you want to follow several lists simultaneously. On top of that, VIP and Premium users can use Universal Search to search in their lists.
And these are only the best features that we released in the last 12 months. Keep an eye on all of our releases by adding our blog’s feed to your dashboard: http://feeds.feedburner.com/NetvibesDevBlog
If you want to go further back in back and take a look back at the changes we made over the past decade, you can read this article.
Now let’s get to the fun part! To celebrate our 10th birthday and thank you for using Netvibes, we are giving away 10 one-year VIP passes. To participate, just give us one example of a Potion you set up in the comments below, for instance, “When I like a post on Instagram, upload it to my Dropbox account”.
Ten happy winners will be randomly selected on Tuesday 09/22 (5 from the English version of the blog and 5 from the French version).
09/22 edit: The 5 lucky winners have been drawn and are:
- Pedro uses a potion that sends him an email whenever there is a new article in a specific feed of his.
- Nicolai uses a potion with multiple action ingredients: “WHEN a certain topic is mentioned in one of my feeds, THEN create a Webnote on my main page AND send a push through Pushbullet”
- Oliver uses a Potion to make the most of his midday break: “If we have good Weather konditions between 13:00 and 13:30 send me an E-Mail that it is a good Day for Archery”
- Artur uses potions that are business oriented, like “add to pocket when “company name” is mentioned in feed.”
- Michel is taking full advantage of the Internet of Things with a potion that works hand in hand with his Nest device.
Thank you all for your potions examples, your birthday wishes and for using Netvibes.
Tags: Happy Birthday