When social media creates a firestorm of consumer protest against your company’s actions, how do you get ahead of the arguments and turn crisis into opportunity?
Learn techniques to successfully manage any social media crisis in this free upcoming webinar, co-presented by Netvibes and Prosyna. We will take lessons from a real-world case study by examining the recent social backlash around the NFL© and domestic violence.
To ensure an ever better service, we’re gonna need to patch our databases and do some maintenance work on our servers. And to do so, we’re gonna have to shut down Netvibes for a short time.
This maintenance is scheduled for Friday 5/2 morning (between 9:00am and 10:00am CET) and should not exceed 30 minutes. All dashboards (Basic, VIP & Premium) will be unavailable during that period.
Thank you for your understanding.
If you subscribed to our new VIP offer, you now have access to a new feature (previously only available on Premium Dashboards): Universal Search.
Universal Search is a new easy and powerful way to search the content of your dashboards. To learn more, read our post on the subject.
How To Use Universal Search ?
Universal Search works with three elements: keywords, parameters and operators. What makes the tool so powerful is the ability to combine these elements into a single query.
Let’s see how to use it through a few practical examples.
Examples of use
Netvibes philosophy has always been to give the power to the User: this is why, since the beginning, we’ve been using an online translation interface that allows volunteers to localize the site in their language.
Today, that interface is evolving. We’ve shut down the old tool (proprietary Netvibes code) to replace it with Pootle, a powerful community-driven localization server.
And we wanted to take this opportunity to thank our translators community for its amazing work.
- Slick interface & ease-of-use
- Translation memory provides automatic suggested translations
- Reviewing allows for a more refined translation and proofreading
Interested in helping us translate Netvibes to other languages? Simply go to http://translate.netvibes.com, register and you’re ready to go. We’ve updated our FAQ accordingly with new instructions and tips on how to do a proper translation job. And in case you need more info, Pootle also comes with a comprehensive documentation available here.
Don’t see your language in the list? Let us know!
Thank you for helping us making Netvibes available in more languages.
MisoData 1.0 empowered anyone to chart anything and compare to anything. MisoData 2.0 takes it one step further: compare anything to anything, anyway.
Anyway your data is. Go beyond time-series data with two new series ready to be charted and compared: qualitative (count items, e.g. transactions and mentions) and quantitative (add numeric values, e.g. sum of employees and sales).
Anyway events happen. Create Notes to easily pinpoint events on any chart to provide context and keep track of what happened.
Anyway your charts can be. Leverage Insights to automatically read (in full text) your charts and understand what is going on.
All of this is available for your Dashboards AND PushMail newsletters.
And there’s more…
To access, simply log on to your Premium account, go to “Add” and click on “MisoData”. Have remarks or questions? As usual, leave them in the comments section below or on our Uservoice page.
We hope you enjoy MisoData 2.0!
When we launched the VIP program, back in 2010, our goal was mainly to offer support for all the important projects that individual professionals and non-profits were doing on Netvibes. Today, Netvibes VIP is changing. And we’re very excited to let you know all about it!
The New VIP: Your favorite dashboard & reader. Now with extra awesome.
Here’s what you get for as low as 2€/mo:
- Universal Search: find what you need on your dashboard, and find it easily. Until now, Universal Search was only available through a Premium subscription. It now comes standard with all VIP account. Yes, Universal Search finds everything within the full content of the article, not just the RSS feed!
- Faceted Exploration: Search deep into your dashboard. Get even more relevant results as you refine your query with the use of our filters. Our super powerful search engine (Exalead) automatically detects authors, media support, locations, languages, etc., so you can refine your search in just few clicks!
- Tracked Topics: Automatically monitor your favorite topics. Save any search queries to easily follow topics that matter to you. And Netvibes will keep on watching and updating automatically so you don’t miss anything!
- Faster Feeds: Jump to the front of the queue. Get updates from all your sites delivered sooner on your dashboard. You’re a VIP, you deserve a fast lane!
And of course, all previous VIP benefits:
- 1-Day Priority Support: Top-level support within 24 hours. Guaranteed answers and help on any Netvibes.com dashboard or development project within 24 hours.
- Early Access: Be the first to try our pre-release features. Exclusive invitations to try our latest new features and dashboard design tools first before they are available to the public. An example? Our current VIPs were the first to test our New Reader and the new VIP program.
Pretty neat, right? And all of this for only 2€/mo (in one single transaction for the full year ahead, so you can relax and enjoy. You’re a VIP after all.)
Got remarks or questions? Leave them in the comments below or our Uservoice page.
A couple of weeks ago, we launched our brand New Reader, designed for optimum readability on all devices. And we thought this might be a good time to walk you through it, in details.
Reader View is usually considered the natural way to consume RSS feeds, as it allows you to have a quick overview of all your sources, without distractions. The great thing about Netvibes is that you can easily switch between the Reader View and the Apps View with the switch located at the top of your dashboard. So whatever your preference is, you can easily switch and keep your content intact.
But let’s get back to the Reader View for now. As you can see in the picture below, the screen is divided in three main parts: the Tabs panel (A), the Header with options (B) and the Main Window with your content (C).
Click to learn more about the New Reader…
Every year, we create a CES dashboard to monitor the next trends in electronics.
Since the conference is so big, sometimes it can be hard to keep up with all the hundreds of stories that are going on–even for the journalists that are there! So this year, we partnered with the ever popular French gadget blog, Journal du Geek, to help them track what stories were resonating with their audience, providing a two-way analysis between journalists and readers.
The resulting infographic sheds light on the impact an event such as CES can have on the blogosphere–from the editorial to trending topics.
What would you like us to analyze next? Send us your thoughts! 🙂
From all of us here at Netvibes, we wish you a Happy New Year!
Wait… Is that a New Reader? It is indeed. And at the moment, VIP users can enjoy early access (the first in a series of forthcoming new features for our VIPeeps, but more on this later).
So stay tuned for a lot of great new features coming soon!
Now that LeWeb’13 is over, it’s time to get an overview from all the data we collected. To do so we’ll use the dedicated dashboard we set up for the event. What does it teach us about the event? What trends does it uncover? What will “the next 10 years” be like? To find out, let’s use our Netvibes Premium analytic tools.
Click here to download the high resolution chart.