A New Netvibes for iPad: Towards a Unified User Experience

Until now, iPad users were automatically redirected to the mobile version of Netvibes — which works great on any mobile device. But we wanted to go a step further to offer a version specifically designed for the iPad, optimized with a smooth touch experience and even more features.

Grab your iPad, log on to www.netvibes.com and see for yourself. We made a lot of code & cosmetic improvements to allow our iPad users to enjoy the full power of our dashboards:

• Drag & drop apps or tabs easily with the touch of your finger
  • Personalize your dashboard design and layouts, just like on your computer
  • Follow new trends with Drag & Follow using our new Social Search app
  • Switch from landscape to portrait simply by rotating your iPad
  • Access all your Netvibes web apps right from your dashboard

Now you can enjoy the full Netvibes experience, right from your iPad, including the Widget view that our desktop users love so much. See all your apps, move them around, simply create the perfect dashboard for you, with the tip of your fingers. Or stick to the Reader view if your prefer to display your newsfeeds. You now have the choice!

This is just the tip of the iceberg. We are embarking on a journey to bring a unified user experience across all devices and all screen sizes — with native-like UI features. Imagine being able to access your Netvibes apps and dashboard anytime, from any device, seamlessly. Perfectly in sync. Perfectly designed.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to “A New Netvibes for iPad: Towards a Unified User Experience”

1. #1 | Philippe | April 17th, 2012 at 20:41

Ok looks good but now in reader mode and with “direct website view” mode I can’t scroll through the page so this is a little unusable.

2. #2 | Exilgolfer | April 18th, 2012 at 10:49

Since yesterday all I see on my iPad is the standard web version of netvibes. That does not work very well at all… How do I access your new iPad version?

3. #3 | Seb | April 18th, 2012 at 22:19

Can’t get it to work, it’s been two days and I see the basic web page. No more ipad specific site ?
    How to acces the new site?

4. #4 | Andy | April 21st, 2012 at 09:29

Good job, but two issues remain for me: Safari cannot save login data and I am unable to expand feed items in the reader view. iPad 3rd gen. IOS 5.1

5. #5 | Namuk | April 25th, 2012 at 12:09

Im sorry, but on my iPad I see the standard web-version.
    Is there a switch anywhere?

6. #6 | Yossi | April 1st, 2013 at 11:12

Looks great. One thing that could make my life easier: the ability to have the page displayes in a larger font size. Main problem with current size is the difficulty to select a feed with my fat fingers:-)

I can zoom on the ipad, of course, but then not all the page is displayed (need for panning).

Thanks much
    Yossi

7. #7 | Yossi | April 1st, 2013 at 18:07

You may ignore my request regarding font size: it can be done within the browser, obviously…

However, there is another thing I would like you to consider: making it possible to display in the feeds list only the ones that have unread items.

Thank you!